Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

F066C449-3248-492C-B62B-6BB9B5C2984F.png So I was browsing the public Snapchat stories for Six Flags Magic Mountain and came across this, people sitting/standing in the planters and on that foundation for the blue support

I don’t see the issue? They’re not violating park rules, they’re just hanging out on the planter. The most offensive thing about that snap was the phrase “It’s lit out here fam”.
I guess your right, they aren’t breaking any park rules :grin:

Went to SFMM yesterday and finally rode Crazanity - awesome flat and definitely a top 5 ride in the park. Looking straight down feels TERRIBLE, as if the restraint might pop at any second and you'd be faced with falling to your doom, but the views are breathtaking. The air is really felt against your cheeks too and was pretty funny

Pretty much all the reviews I've read so far have been positive. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm kinda shocked to hear that it's in your Top 5 attractions in the park. You're not the only one saying this.

I've never ridden a giant frisbee ride so I'm stoked to get on it during Fright Fest.

Pretty much all the reviews I've read so far have been positive. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm kinda shocked to hear that it's in your Top 5 attractions in the park. You're not the only one saying this.

I've never ridden a giant frisbee ride so I'm stoked to get on it during Fright Fest.
It’s defintely a top 5 attraction at the park

^Try a park like CGA , Michagan's Adventure, SFStL, SFOG, SFA, Elitch Gardens, Worlds of Fun, or Valleyfair... then you can really find out what a collection of mediocre roller coasters is like. Most of those parks may have one or two significant rides, but the rest aren't much to write home about.

Magic Mountain has many flaws, but as a whole, I do feel they have a good selection of coasters. More winners than clunkers, especially when honestly compared to other parks.

And as much as I have championed SFMM getting flat rides, and while I'm very glad they now have Crazanity and it's doing well, it's not really my favorite flat ride. I've been on it, and it was fun, but I don' t know if it's worth much more than a 2 cycle wait. I personally have always found Huss Frisbees far superior. The one at SFDK is on a great program, and is one of my favorite flats. I think people are just so excited for a major (and admittedly spectacular to watch) flat ride to finally get to this park, it's thrill level is being a little thrown out of proportion.

Woah woah woah, in no way does saying Crazanity is top 5 means that SFMM has mediocre coasters. Come on now!
Going to Cedar Point has souled my taste buds haha. SFMM has two great coasters (TC and Tatsu, X2 is boarderline good/great), many good coasters (Ninja, Superman, Full Throttle, Batman) and a several okay ones (Goliath, Viper, Revolution, Riddler’s, Scream, Gold Rusher).

CP has at least four great coasters (Millenium, Maverick, Steel Vengeance, Dragster) the rest being good and only two okay coasters (Corkscrew, Mine Train).

When you factor out that ratio, I think you get where I’m coming from. Haha

....which says a lot about how mediocre their coasters are.

Totally uncalled for Freak. Why are you even on the SFMM forums if you think their coasters are mediocre?

I think we have a Cedar Point fanboy on our hands.

Going to Cedar Point has souled my taste buds haha. SFMM has two great coasters (TC and Tatsu, X2 is boarderline good/great), many good coasters (Ninja, Superman, Full Throttle, Batman) and a several okay ones (Goliath, Viper, Revolution, Riddler’s, Scream, Gold Rusher).

CP has at least four great coasters (Millenium, Maverick, Steel Vengeance, Dragster) the rest being good and only two okay coasters (Corkscrew, Mine Train).

Yup, I was right.

You consider Iron Dragon a good coaster, but Riddler's a mediocre one? ID is a complete bore. Wicked Twister is good, but not Revolution? Dude, I've lost so much respect for you.

The park closest to me is California’s Great America and SFMM blows it comepletely out of the water. On a different note, am I the only one who loves Scream? The lines are always short and it’s pretty fun

Totally uncalled for Freak. Why are you even on the SFMM forums if you think their coasters are mediocre?

I think we have a Cedar Point fanboy on our hands.

Yup, I was right.

You consider Iron Dragon a good coaster, but Riddler's a mediocre one? ID is a complete bore. Wicked Twister is good, but not Revolution? Dude, I've lost so much respect for you.
Probably because I forgot Iron Dragon, that’s how mediocre it was.

HHN has become below mediocre and you still see me on there.

I personally think you’re overreacting a tad, but what would I expect from a SFMM fanboy? ;)

I love Cedar Point... on the whole I do think it's better than SFMM. That said, I do find Iron Dragon, Mantis/Rougaru, Gatekeeper, Blue Streak, Mine Ride, Gemini, and Valvaran to be mediocre at best. Corkscrew is awful, and I don't really count the kiddie coasters. I will generally agree with your top 4, though I haven't yet been on Steel Vengence yet (though I'm sure it's amazing), and while I like TTD, it's pretty overrated.

Given all that, coaster thrill-wise, SFMM may be pretty even--maybe even slightly ahead. X2, TC, Tatsu, and Batman (it's a clone I know, but it still holds up if you're really objective about it) are pretty superior to me. I also enjoy Goliath, Superman, Ninja, Revolution, and FT (even though it's short and a terrible waste of potential... it's still fun for what it is) and find them more in the good/very good category, though I recognize YMMV. On that note, while I personally love MF at CP and it's one of my Top 3, I know of lot of people who feel that ride is totally overblown and would put it in the mediocre category.

I also feel SFMM has a better variety of coasters. It's a close call, but coaster-wise, I'd give the edge to SFMM. Though let's face it... rating coasters is pretty subjective.

Where CP takes the overall title is by also having: more flat rides, better atmosphere/maintenance, and better customer service. Really, one of my favorite aspects about CP isn't something that doesn't come across in pictures and trip reports--it's the general enthusiasm of the GP. The way they clap, applaud, and cheer before and after a ride, and they way the staff pumps up the crowd is something I've yet to really see in any other amusement park. Even Disney doesn't really accomplish that, aside from perhaps Soarin'.

Talking s**t about Iron Dragon is grounds for fighting... Its a great coaster. Also, its called "Cedar Creek Mine Ride", NOT "Mine Train" (not that difficult). Everyone knows Magic Mountain is just West Coast Cedar Point only with a terrible collection of variety with its severe lack of rides/attractions outside of coasters.

Anyway... Here are some pics from the park today.. because well.. yea...

The current state of the Apocalypse Midway (Ninja/Jet Stream side)
su5LbVz.jpg

9jNh1ey.jpg

BuWngI2.jpg

I found out that the Candy Kitchen store will NOT be going anywhere until January 2019 because despite the fact that it is closed, ALL of the chocolate & candy apples are made there, then transported to the front of the park at night/early morning to avoid the heat. So it will more than likely just get a cosmetic facelift rather than be torn down. It is closed, but still in use until January.

CRAZANITY MERCHANDISE
aGFWrpa.jpg

9FmZuIv.jpg

^Gross.... "Prison Orange"

And despite the park having cool shirts with the ride logos on them & other fun designs, this is sadly the new route they have taken with their ride shirts in regards to the coasters... :puke:
tsI8pbk.jpg

^If I wanted a crappy shirt with a picture on it, I'd go to the mall & have one made for less money...

FRIGHT FEST 2018
As expected... there will be some ALL NEW mazes this year.. However, the Dead End replacement is NOT a rumor because here is a pic of the facade
vM8lqMB.jpg

FoRT22G.jpg

fTMgN7g.jpg

All will be revealed this Saturday at Midsummer Scream... But until then, here is the rumored/confirmed list:
AFTERMATH - GONE (no replacement)
1 - DEAD END - GONE (NEW REPLACEMENT) ^see above
2 - TOYZ OF TERROR 3D - GONE (NEW REPLACEMENT)
3 - CHUPACABRA - GONE (NEW REPLACEMENT)
4 - WILLOUGHBY'S REVENGE - RETURNING
5 - RED'S REVENGE - RETURNING
6 - VAULT 666 - RETURNING

^Try a park like CGA , Michagan's Adventure, SFStL, SFOG, SFA, Elitch Gardens, Worlds of Fun, or Valleyfair... then you can really find out what a collection of mediocre roller coasters is like. Most of those parks may have one or two significant rides, but the rest aren't much to write home about..

You got that right. I live here in Denver and I don't even consider Elitch Gardens an amusement park. They really need to build proper one here somewhere. I don't care if its out by DIA. Just build one!

Do you think they’ll rebuild another location to make the candy or keep the current building?
From what I understand, the building will remain & just be renovated. However things can change between now & January. We'll have to wait & see. Allegedly the mini arcade building across from Apocalypse/Kickin Chicken is also staying for some reason.

Honestly, I think its hilariously sad that the place its all made is in the back of the park when a majority of it is sold at the candy store up front. You'd think they'd have built a second "kitchen" after all these years, but alas it is Six Flags.

Talking s**t about Iron Dragon is grounds for fighting... Its a great coaster. Also, its called "Cedar Creek Mine Ride", NOT "Mine Train" (not that difficult). Everyone knows Magic Mountain is just West Coast Cedar Point only with a terrible collection of variety with its severe lack of rides/attractions outside of coasters.

I hope you’re being sarcastic about ID being great. Also, I was using “mine train” as a generic term (not that difficult).

And while I grant you there is a severe lack of attractions outside of coasters, why you think it’s a “terrible collection of variety” is as much a mystery to me as why ID is a great ride. X2 is a one of a kind in the US, Ninja and Viper are now rare breeds, TC is our RMC, Batman is inverted, Riddler is a now rare stand up, FT is a full circuit triple launch, TNR is historical, Superman is a one of a kind in the States, Apocolypse is the only wooden coaster, Goliath is a hyper coaster, Goldrusher is a solid mine train, 3 kiddie rides... I haven’t even specified them all, but that’s a good variety. I’ve always felt what they’re missing (coaster-wise) is a wild mouse. What else do you feel they need to not be a “terrible collection of variety”?

I just returned from trips to Valleyfair and CGA, and I feel like you’d think those would be a personal hell if you feel SFMM’s variety is so terrible.

SFMM has the world’s greatest amount of coasters, so the fact that a few of them turn out great is almost a default move. The sad fact is that most of them are just wholly mediocre, or just not what I personally look for in a coaster. X2 for example. I think Tatsu, Ninja and TC are the only legit great coasters at SFMM. Full Throttle is close but that break on the end of the top hat kills it. Maybe coaster 20 will help, but it’s certainly no Cedar Point.

Valleyfair, though, yes that’s a mediocre helping but no way does that mean SFMM has a great collection.