Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I never backtracked on SFMM having a lot of mediocre rides. They have lots of diversity in their coaster line-up, but that doesn't mean they're all that great. I enjoy the park for what is is but I still think it has a lot of mediocre rides compared to CP. I love how you keep saying, "CP fanboys don't take criticism well" when I criticize SFMM's coaster collection against CP and you don't seem to take it well either.

So what if I think SFMM's coaster are mediocre compared to CP. Is that a bad thing? So what if someone thinks MK is better than DL? I would disagree with him, but I have bigger things to worry about in life.

Alright chief. Let's just agree to disagree. Though I'm going say that you're wasting your time on these boards. I think SFMM has some badass coasters. Again, why waste your time on here if you think SFMM has mediocre coasters. You're on the wrong boards dude.

Here, I'll point you in the right direction. You're welcome...Cedar Point Forum | PointBuzz

Alright chief. Let's just agree to disagree. Though I'm going say that you're wasting your time on these boards. I think SFMM has some badass coasters. Again, why waste your time on here if you think SFMM has mediocre coasters. You're on the wrong boards dude.

Here, I'll point you in the right direction. You're welcome...Cedar Point Forum | PointBuzz
Would you like some pepper with that salt? :)

Anyone think Maxx Force is going to stay in the De’Ja’Vu spot or go around the area?

Dude this is a Universal forum. Everybody is free to disagree or agree about SFMM here.

Cedar Point and Magic Mountain are not competitors. They are just regional parks located in Ohio and California respectively. They aren’t even competing on a national scale.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Dude this is a Universal forum. Everybody is free to disagree or agree about SFMM here.

Yes, of course. I was just trying to be helpful by providing a relevant link.

Would you like some pepper with that salt? :)

Anyone think Maxx Force is going to stay in the De’Ja’Vu spot or go around the area?

Not gonna lie. That expression went completely over my head. I tried googling it, but found nothing. Lol

If I were a betting man, I would say that Maxxxx Force expands into the area. This coaster will have a large footprint since it will be the 20th. Personally, I'm hoping they don't get rid of Roaring Rapids, though it's a possibility. We'll see.

Cedar Point and Magic Mountain are not competitors. They are just regional parks located in Ohio and California respectively. They aren’t even competing on a national scale.

Not so sure dude. There's been an arms race between the 2 parks for years now to be the top dog as the coaster capital.

Literally the only people who think the parks are competing are enthusiasts. The general public does not care. Cedar Point getting media coverage does not take away from Magic Mountain’s attendance, because the average visitor to each park likely has no idea that the other exists. They’re separated by two time zones and thousands of miles.

Besides, Cedar Point’s whole schtick is having the biggest and baddest coasters of their kind, not having the most. That’s why all of their new coasters in the recent past have broken records for their respective types. They aren’t worried about Magic Mountain, and vice versa.

Reactions: alomar and chris.g
August 30th will be Six Flags company wide 2019 attraction announcement date.

Can't wait for the announcement of the world's largest Larson Loop!

Literally the only people who think the parks are competing are enthusiasts. The general public does not care. Cedar Point getting media coverage does not take away from Magic Mountain’s attendance, because the average visitor to each park likely has no idea that the other exists. They’re separated by two time zones and thousands of miles.

Besides, Cedar Point’s whole schtick is having the biggest and baddest coasters of their kind, not having the most. That’s why all of their new coasters in the recent past have broken records for their respective types. They aren’t worried about Magic Mountain, and vice versa.

I'm having Deja-vu. I feel like we've had this conversation many times before.

You just contradicted yourself though. If CP's schtick is to have the biggest & baddest coasters, that means they are keeping an eye on what Magic Mountain is doing since they also want the biggest and the baddest.

CP management saw the ride stats for TC & made a conscious effort to one up the coaster with SV. That's how they got the tallest, fastest, steepest Hybrid. I don't know why you're disagreeing with this. Yes, they are not direct competitors since they serve a different market, but they are definitely trying to outdo each other in the coaster department. Do you really think SV was a coincidence after the success of TC? If we do end up getting a MACK spinner, I promise you that it won't be too long that CP gets one & it will be the "tallest, fastest, and steepest" spinner.

Magic Mountain is not the only park that has ever built a hybrid coaster, and the only record it held (as far as the RMC's are concerned) was length. Rattler and Giant were taller, faster, steeper, etc. And Cedar Point wanted top outdo them all. Just because Magic Mountain and Cedar Point have a lot of coaster doesn't mean their investments are direct responses to each other.

Magic Mountain is not the only park that has ever built a hybrid coaster, and the only record it held (as far as the RMC's are concerned) was length. Rattler and Giant were taller, faster, steeper, etc. And Cedar Point wanted top outdo them all. Just because Magic Mountain and Cedar Point have a lot of coaster doesn't mean their investments are direct responses to each other.

I'm trying to find where I said that SFMM has the only hybrid coaster. Wait I can't because I never said it.

I think you're intentionally missing my point so I'll just stop here.