Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mentioning of what was mentioned at the MSS panel,

* Dead End to be replaced by Sewer of Souls, a new maze
* Condamned, an all new maze coming at the front of the park
* Witches Lair to be located in Metropolis, largest scarezone to date
* The Shadow's to be the goriest thing Fright Fest has done
* City Under Siege makes it's return after a period of hibernation
* September 15th to October 28th on select nights

On their website they have Aftermath 2 listed by Apocalypse. Will they be using that area for the 2019 project or keeping it as a maze?

Sorry... been busy with work & stuff the past week...

On their website they have Aftermath 2 listed by Apocalypse. Will they be using that area for the 2019 project or keeping it as a maze?
um yea.. the website hasn't been updated yet. They have Apocalypse listed under the "rides" section & well... that isn't reopening anytime soon. Also they haven't made any effort with the Aftermath maze area & I've been told it would not be returning (would love to be wrong because its my favorite maze)

One thing I should note is they only announced 2 NEW mazes- Dead End & Toyz of Terror 3D's replacements. However, nothing about a new maze to replace Chupacabra. So far I haven't noticed any activity in that location so it seems like Fright Fest could be down 2 mazes this year. So we'll have to wait & see with the website update or ScareLA.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
3F9557F6-F0FD-4590-82A4-337F98692457.jpeg A Green Lantern: First Flight train was sitting by the exit of the attraction today. This thing has been closed for about a year now I believe

Lets not encourage the cheap carnival coasters please... they already have 3 of them, which is bad enough... but its even worse that they are part of Six Flags coaster count. Roadrunner Express is acceptable though :lol:

Anyway, here are a few pics from this past Friday, August 3rd (Sorry, been busy with work & lazy as f*#k). Better late than never.
YRdP7Vd.jpg

^CraZanity now has a mini metal railing around the lack of landscaping. It'd look even better if they actually finished the landscaping because the dirt/netting looks terrible. Also, I've even noticed that some of the grand opening ceremony confetti is STILL in the "flower bed" around the sign :rolleyes:

Another recent addition was speakers were added so they can play music around the ride area. Not pictured, but I love their shelving unit they added after opening weekend for loose articles/bags because it actually is a locked cage while guests are on the ride.

GxisKDz.jpg

^OLD MONORAIL TRACK.... can be seen while on CraZanity, but it is located behind Johnny Rockets, totally in view from the seating area. Closed in 2001 & sat abandoned for years. CraZanity sits where one of the 3 monorail stations were located. The track can be seen while on Swashbuckler.

HofCM7C.jpg

UG78b2Q.jpg

2Xzsczc.jpg

^"KWERK" is still a thing in the GearWorks Theatre. It has taken a little inspiration from "The Greatest Showman", including using two songs from the film ("This is Me" & "Walking a Tightrope"). The show is okay, but doesn't exactly have repeat value. It is still more or less much of the same. Completely underusing this theatre.

5STMFDH.jpg

^"Daffy Duck's Dance-Off is a cute show, but it could be drastically improved. The characters have the perfect personalities to do a better show similar to what is found at Disney parks with their characters. However, for the love of god & all things filled with A/C.... the green mesh strips of fabric do absolutely NOTHING to block the sun. They need to put an actual awning over this stage/seating & (just like everywhere else in the park) install fans/misting-fans. :deadhorse: Unfortunately, due to the heat, the characters can't do photo-ops after the show. :'( I want a pic with Lola!!! :tease:
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Now onto the Fright Fest side of things....
USQ2nOp.jpg

^At the front of the park they have this new photo-op display promoting Fright Fest. :exclap:

9yMQlQ3.jpg

Red's Revenge facade can be seen from Roadrunner Express... Sure this debuted in 2014, but the maze itself has such great details.

SEWER OF SOULS (3D)
VsTX8cr.jpg

s4MKOy8.jpg

^I'm really kinda loving the facade for this maze. During the MSS panel, they did mention THIS would be the new "3D maze" since "Toyz of Terror" was replaced with "Condemned: Forever Damned". I'm very curious to see how this maze turns out because it sounds fun. The inner facade circle says "BEWARE DWELLERS"

The Fright Fest 2018 website was also recently updated:
FRIGHT FEST 2018 : Voted America's Best Theme Park Halloween Event 2015-2017 | Six Flags Magic Mountain

Here is an interesting and shocking unexpected plot twist... While "Dead End" & "Toyz of Terror 3D" were replaced this year, we finally lost "Chupacabra". Unfortunately, with no maze replacement. But if you look at the updated Fright Fest website, we also lost "VAULT 666" this year as well. :surprised: However, we WILL apparently see the return of "AFTERMATH" this year despite the construction back there & everything closed (Apocalypse is noticeably absent from the "rides" section). So not sure what the hell is going on but budget cuts are apparent (and were rumored despite being open year round now. Allegedly the new area coming to Apocalypse is the cause).

Lets not encourage the cheap carnival coasters please... they already have 3 of them, which is bad enough... but its even worse that they are part of Six Flags coaster count. Roadrunner Express is acceptable though :lol:

Anyway, here are a few pics from this past Friday, August 3rd (Sorry, been busy with work & lazy as f*#k). Better late than never.
YRdP7Vd.jpg

^CraZanity now has a mini metal railing around the lack of landscaping. It'd look even better if they actually finished the landscaping because the dirt/netting looks terrible. Also, I've even noticed that some of the grand opening ceremony confetti is STILL in the "flower bed" around the sign :rolleyes:

Another recent addition was speakers were added so they can play music around the ride area. Not pictured, but I love their shelving unit they added after opening weekend for loose articles/bags because it actually is a locked cage while guests are on the ride.

GxisKDz.jpg

^OLD MONORAIL TRACK.... can be seen while on CraZanity, but it is located behind Johnny Rockets, totally in view from the seating area. Closed in 2001 & sat abandoned for years. CraZanity sits where one of the 3 monorail stations were located. The track can be seen while on Swashbuckler.

HofCM7C.jpg

UG78b2Q.jpg

2Xzsczc.jpg

^"KWERK" is still a thing in the GearWorks Theatre. It has taken a little inspiration from "The Greatest Showman", including using two songs from the film ("This is Me" & "Walking a Tightrope"). The show is okay, but doesn't exactly have repeat value. It is still more or less much of the same. Completely underusing this theatre.

5STMFDH.jpg

^"Daffy Duck's Dance-Off is a cute show, but it could be drastically improved. The characters have the perfect personalities to do a better show similar to what is found at Disney parks with their characters. However, for the love of god & all things filled with A/C.... the green mesh strips of fabric do absolutely NOTHING to block the sun. They need to put an actual awning over this stage/seating & (just like everywhere else in the park) install fans/misting-fans. :deadhorse: Unfortunately, due to the heat, the characters can't do photo-ops after the show. :'( I want a pic with Lola!!! :tease:
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Now onto the Fright Fest side of things....
USQ2nOp.jpg

^At the front of the park they have this new photo-op display promoting Fright Fest. :exclap:

9yMQlQ3.jpg

Red's Revenge facade can be seen from Roadrunner Express... Sure this debuted in 2014, but the maze itself has such great details.

SEWER OF SOULS (3D)
VsTX8cr.jpg

s4MKOy8.jpg

^I'm really kinda loving the facade for this maze. During the MSS panel, they did mention THIS would be the new "3D maze" since "Toyz of Terror" was replaced with "Condemned: Forever Damned". I'm very curious to see how this maze turns out because it sounds fun. The inner facade circle says "BEWARE DWELLERS"

FRIGHT FEST 2018 : Voted America's Best Theme Park Halloween Event 2015-2017 | Six Flags Magic Mountain

Here is an interesting and shocking unexpected plot twist... While "Dead End" & "Toyz of Terror 3D" were replaced this year, we finally lost "Chupacabra". Unfortunately, with no maze replacement. But if you look at the updated Fright Fest website, we also lost "VAULT 666" this year as well. :surprised: However, we WILL apparently see the return of "AFTERMATH" this year despite the construction back there & everything closed (Apocalypse is noticeably absent from the "rides" section). So not sure what the hell is going on but budget cuts are apparent (and were rumored despite being open year round now. Allegedly the new area coming to Apocalypse is the cause).

Great update as always my man.

I would kill for a Looney Tunes Dark Ride! Though I know it's never gonna happen.

So what do you foresee as the ace maze this year for Fright Fest?

Reactions: Horror Lover
I'd say "never say never" when it comes to Looney Tunes. With the park actively making a half-assed effort to renovate itself, its possible (unlikely, but possible) that Bugs Bunny World/Whistlestop gets revamped. It needs it badly.

Honestly, I'm not sure... With only 2 new mazes that are drastically different, i'd say it is up to the scareactors to make them shine. I'm just baffled by Aftermath returning (although beyond happy) & VAULT 666 getting the axe.

^Seven new attractions? That's way above what most were suspecting. Although knowing them, they're counting a newly named/rethemed Apocalypse among them... but even so, that does still leave six new attractions. What were some of the new names?

YRdP7Vd.jpg

SEWER OF SOULS (3D)
VsTX8cr.jpg

s4MKOy8.jpg

I'm likely giving SFMM too much credit here, but to be fair, we're trying to get some new plants in our garden, and our gardeners have advised that it's generally not a good idea to install new plants with all the intense heat we're having, because they'd likely die immediately... so that could be why there aren't more plants at Crazanity yet. Unlikely, I realize, but possible.

I do have to agree the facade for Sewer of Souls looks pretty good. This has always been a tough venue for SFMM (they do have to work around the leftover Skyway materials, which are huge and in awkward spots to create a maze around), so my expectations are tempered. But if nothing else, it's a promising entrance.

I am very surprised Vault 666 isn't returning. While I do feel that maze doesn't deliver on all it's promises, it was lengthy and had great potential. And with two mazes down, they should lower the price for passes, IMO.

It shows that whatever the project is, it's a large undertaking for Six Flags to do a survey like that.

Out of curiosity, I'd be interested in knowing if West Coast Racers or Maxx Force were mentioned; as that'd tell if they have any relation to the CB project.

As for what comes AFTER the Apocalypse Midway project? I've heard everything from the "Mining town/Katy's Kettle" area revamp to Mexico/Viper revamp (with Viper getting a full overhaul- new chain, paint, etc). Some have heard Apocalypse & Viper were "going away", others have heard they'd be getting "some much needed love".

IF the new coaster/revamped area is open by next year (due to their claims of opening a new ride every year), maybe we could see the event have 8 scarezones for Fright Fest! Of course, it'd be nice if they'd use their warehouse next to Tidal Wave (behind the CraZanity midway games) as a maze location again too.

As for what comes AFTER the Apocalypse Midway project? I've heard everything from the "Mining town/Katy's Kettle" area revamp to Mexico/Viper revamp (with Viper getting a full overhaul- new chain, paint, etc). Some have heard Apocalypse & Viper were "going away", others have heard they'd be getting "some much needed love".

IF the new coaster/revamped area is open by next year (due to their claims of opening a new ride every year), maybe we could see the event have 8 scarezones for Fright Fest! Of course, it'd be nice if they'd use their warehouse next to Tidal Wave (behind the CraZanity midway games) as a maze location again too.

I would be happy with a Viper/Area overhaul for the 2020 project. It seems like they are about to drop buku bucks for 2019 so it would be fiscally responsible to scale back for 2020. I love Viper, but it's just too rough. Don't want the park to get rid of it, just make it a little smoother.

Reactions: alias8703
It shows that whatever the project is, it's a large undertaking for Six Flags to do a survey like that.

Out of curiosity, I'd be interested in knowing if West Coast Racers or Maxx Force were mentioned; as that'd tell if they have any relation to the CB project.

It mentioned both but definitely Maxxx Force was used the most. (and yes... with 3 XXX's)

Seven attractions huh? I’m sure they’re counting the Apocalypse retheme. Assuming they rename, retheme ALL of the rides in that area, that would add up to seven. I don’t see them renaming DiveDevil as it already fits the extreme sports/Racing theme they’re apparently going for. Assuming they rename everything else but DiveDevil, that leaves room open for another flat. **Hoping for a Zamparela Endeavor**