Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ugh...I should have kept my mouth closed. I don't know anything for sure, but I was invited to the park next week for the announcement of a "world's first". Now that could mean different things, but...I guess we'll see. I certainly wouldn't say a T-Rex is totally out of the question.
"World's first"? Hmmm.....I don't think they would claim it's the world's first dueling launch coaster because they already have one! There's also Battlestar Galactica at USS.

World's first racing single-rail roller coaster? World's first launch single-rail coaster? If it was an S&S, I don't know what "world record" it would break. I'm thinking that T-Rex rail seems more likely. This guy certainly makes a case for it.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Reactions: Magic-Man
Did you speak too soon?

More than anything, I'm guarding myself against disappointment.

Yeah, again, I don't want to get my hopes up, but whatever it is, SFMM seems proud to show it off. They're announcing it before the rest of the chain, and a bunch of media and bloggers have been invited to the festivities.

Honestly, in my gut I really do think it's something big. Why?

1. They already started working on the 2019 project even before the official announcement and aslo when the 2018 project was barely complete.
2. This is MM 20th coaster, not just any coaster.
3. They shifted to a 365 day operating schedule and need something BIG to draw the crowds.
4. SFMM President has previously mentioned how he has "big" plans for the park.
5. They are making their announcement SEPARATE from the rest of the SF parks.
6. They are also making the official announcement a day BEFORE the rest of the chain.
7. The Park is having a press event, not just a typical cheesy video announcement.

Now in my estimation, SFMM has 2 possible choices to make a big splash.

1. Giga
2. Trex

I don't see a Giga happening. But a Trex...

More markers, and a map of the markers near the very end. Skip to 4:10 if it hasn't already. It looks like it may just be that T-Rex. :surprised:

The footprint is definitely a lot bigger than what was originally thought. It dwarfes Apocalypse.

I also think it's cool how the coaster would go right in front of the entrance of Apocalypse. It's funny that Chris G. is being very silent about everything, almost like knows what it is, but doesn't want to spill the beans.

Reactions: Magic-Man
T-Rex model isn't in production till next year, so I would lower expectations.

How sure are you about this? Because it's not like RMC is going to announce on Twitter that the T-Rex is now available. More likely, a large chain will lock up 2 or 3 of them right off the bat and have been negotiating directly with RMC since they were introduced way back in 2015.

Having said that I do agree people should keep their expectations low just in case. Heck, a dueling, launched Raptor still counts as a world's first. Let's also not completely count out some sort of S&S first of it's kind either. Although, I think any dueling launch from them might result in a price tag too high for Six Flags.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhdhddh and Freak
How sure are you about this? Because it's not like RMC is going to announce on Twitter that the T-Rex is now available. More likely, a large chain will lock up 2 or 3 of them right off the bat and have been negotiating directly with RMC since they were introduced way back in 2015.

Having said that I do agree people should keep their expectations low just in case. Heck, a dueling, launched Raptor still counts as a world's first. Let's also not completely count out some sort of S&S first of it's kind either. Although, I think any dueling launch from them might result in a price tag too high for Six Flags.
That's also a good possibility. SF has a great relationship with them so that wouldn't surprise me. If anything, I could see them using SF as the guinea pig to test them before going out to other parks.

That's also a good possibility. SF has a great relationship with them so that wouldn't surprise me. If anything, I could see them using SF as the guinea pig to test them before going out to other parks.

Well also think of what happened this year, with both Cedar Fair and Six Flags having to share the debut of the first Raptor model. Neither is likely to let that happen again, which is exactly what would happen if RMC just suddenly made it available first come first serve. You can bet someone will get an exclusive to be first, even if that means very secret negotiations.

Look, SFMM's new coaster may very well be something entirely different...but I haven't heard a compelling argument yet as to why a T-Rex shouldn't be in the mix.

Well also think of what happened this year, with both Cedar Fair and Six Flags having to share the debut of the first Raptor model. Neither is likely to let that happen again, which is exactly what would happen if RMC just suddenly made it available first come first serve. You can bet someone will get an exclusive to be first, even if that means very secret negotiations.

Look, SFMM's new coaster may very well be something entirely different...but I haven't heard a compelling argument yet as to why a T-Rex shouldn't be in the mix.
Let's not forget that the T-rex rail would reduce the costs of constructing it. They probably gave SFMM a pretty good deal if they're going to be the first park to test it out.

I'm leaning more and more towards a T-rex.

Reactions: alias8703
Let's not forget that the T-rex rail would reduce the costs of constructing it. They probably gave SFMM a pretty good deal if they're going to be the first park to test it out.

I'm leaning more and more towards a T-rex.

I feel like Chris knows that the coaster isn't a T-Rex, but doesn't want to flat out say it. I'm pretty he knows what it is, but keeping a tight lip about it.

But yes, on paper everything is pointing to a T-Rex. But realistically most likely an S&S.

^ Well it's not like someone that has ties to this announcement is going to come on here and say, "guess what guys, it's a friggin T-Rex"! or "Sorry guys, it's a giant 200ft Skywarp"!. That just doesn't happen anymore. Most people who truly know are going to either keep quiet or purposely mislead you so that word doesn't get out. You can bet SFMM media is monitoring every forum/blog/instagram/youtube right now. There are even bloggers who have told me they know what the ride is, who are refusing to post anything SFMM related until after the announcement for fear someone might reveal the ride by accident, and risk them getting banned from further media days. lol

And that leaves us back where we started anyway...speculating.

Last edited: