Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not necessarily. The two parks are far enough apart that they aren't direct competitors. Generally they sign agreements for exclusivity for a market area for a certain number of years.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
So if Sea World is finally getting a B&M floorless dive machine, I hope we can all agree the possibility of SFMM getting one is DOA.
Yeah, it ain’t happening.
Not necessarily. The two parks are far enough apart that they aren't direct competitors. Generally they sign agreements for exclusivity for a market area for a certain number of years.
But why even bother? Yeah, you could make it taller and have it be the world’s tallest dive coaster, but if they’re going to spend that much money, just do a T-Rex Giga.

Reactions: chris.g

I agree. Plus there are countless examples of parks close to each other adding the same ride type, from Inverted to Floorless. Love them or hate them, B&M dive coasters are MAJOR crowd pleasers with great capacity and reliability. It's also the cheapest B&M offering (along with the Wing coaster) due to their fairly unified layouts

I suspect every major US park will eventually have one, just like the B&M inverted of yesteryear. I wouldn't count SFMM out of the Dive sweepstakes just yet. The problem with SFMM, is their's would have to break some sort of world record (like Tatsu and Riddler's), so they have to play the waiting game to see how tall everyone else goes.

Last edited:
I agree. Plus there are countless examples of parks close to each other adding the same ride type, from Inverted to Floorless. Love them or hate them, B&M dive coasters are MAJOR crowd pleasers with great capacity and reliability. It's also the cheapest B&M offering (along with the Wing coaster) due to their fairly unified layouts

I suspect every major US park will eventually have one, just like the B&M inverted of yesteryear. I wouldn't count SFMM out of the Dive sweepstakes just yet. The problem with SFMM, is their's would have to break some sort of world record (like Tatsu and Riddler's), so they have to play the waiting game to see how tall everyone else goes.
And in order to afford to build the world’s tallest and fastest dive coaster, expect one drop, an Immelmann, small bunny hill, and a final brake run. That sounds like the most gimmicky, most SFMM addition to me.

And in order to afford to build the world’s tallest and fastest dive coaster, expect one drop, an Immelmann, small bunny hill, and a final brake run. That sounds like the most gimmicky, most SFMM addition to me.

Probably. I'd also expect them to use the top of the mountain for added height and drop length. 150ft lift hill, will a 250ft drop. Hmmmm...I've heard rumors around the park that the new Park President wants the old Laughing Dragon torn down ASAP.

I did hear Crazanity is back up after being unexpectedly down for an extended time. Apparently, a motor blew out, causing the ride to swing for 20 minutes without power until it came to a natural stop. Was down until it was replaced, but seems to be back up now.

I did hear Crazanity is back up after being unexpectedly down for an extended time. Apparently, a motor blew out, causing the ride to swing for 20 minutes without power until it came to a natural stop. Was down until it was replaced, but seems to be back up now.
Yup. Rode it on the 22nd. Happened to also be my first night ride on it.