Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It sounded like a mess. Based on tweets I saw, SFMM ordered everyone to their cars/parking lot, but then the Fire Department wouldn't let anyone leave, as the fire was apparently very close to the exit. But that wasn't clearly communicated, so a lot of people were stranded by their cars in heat, smoke, and without food, water, or bathrooms. People were understandably upset, but at SFMM when it was the Fire Department not letting them leave, and SFMM was just following their orders. Apparently after a while, FD finally allowed people to exit. Didn't sound like a fun time.

While I do feel bad for all those people and hope their okay, I was the selfishness of others who kept whining if the park was going to reopen. Like, there's a fire, people are evacuated, but all most could think of was not, "Is the park okay?", "Are all those people okay?", but "How does this affect me, I wanna go on a roller coaster!"

I was there today and had a different experience. I was in the back of the park and they asked everyone to wait in place. Hurricane Harber was busy so maybe the had those folks go to their cads, but I waited about an hour riding jet stream several times. After some times they started opening rides but announced they would close the park at 4:00 pm. I think the fire affected datA lines because most credit card machines were down. I rode a bunch of stuff and left at 3:30. Employees in the parking lot were hading out bottles of water and the gave everyone a free ticket to come back. Of course this was my experience so maybe they initially didn’t handle it correctly. Also it is quit an experience when you crest the hill on Twisted colossus to see smoke and fire in the distance and then fly through the smoke at 55 mph.

Fair enough, and I'm glad to hear your experience was much better. Naturally, there'd be a disproportionate number of people publicly complaining than complimenting. From what I could tell, SFMM was doing the best they could under the orders of the FD. I'm glad you got the water and free park ticket, but based on many tweets (if to be believed), many didn't get either.

I have..a weird thought.

What if it's the 2020 attraction, and La Ronde is still getting the Intamin model..but that Magic Mountain gets a modified S&S Free Spin, with the same layout of that of First Flight?