Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Six Flags Magic Mountain Fright Fest TV Commercial

Fright Fest (formerly known as Fright Nights) is a Halloween-oriented haunt event held annually at Six Flags theme parks in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. It mainly features haunted attractions, themed areas named Scare Zones, and live entertainment.

This thing has been a mess on all ends of the project. Lack of deadlines set by the park slowed it down a bunch, and they had to redesign the supports for the entire section that goes over the go-karts because they didn't fit properly. After redesigning they had to do a test build of the supports at the manufacturing plant to ensure structural integrity before taking it all back down and shipping it over.

What I find most interesting is that neither Yukon Striker nor Copperhead Strike have gotten more than medium, meh reviews...and Maxx Force is being hammered for being more of a party trick than a coaster. Could WCR end of being the sleeper hit of 2019 by default? Who would have thought! LOL

I don't know if it'd be a sleeper hit, but I do think it'll be more fun than most enthusiasts are giving it credit for. I don't think this was designed to be a record breaker of any kind, but a sort of in-between coaster for the audience that is too jaded by the likes of Ninja or Goldrusher, but too intimidated for the likes of X2 or Tatsu. I think most enthusiasts will end up enjoying it (or at least not hating it), but the GP will very much enjoy it.

After all, think back to all the enthusiast talk about Full Throttle when that was being constructed. No one was excited for it, everyone thought it was way too short, and a total waste of time (not unlike Maxxx Force). Yet years later, that line is always long and is a big hit with the GP. And yeah, it's long partly because of it's location near the front of the park, and relatively slow loading... but also because the GP love that thing. It's one of their favorite rides. So in the end, who cares what enthusiasts think?

For the record, my husband got to ride Copperhead Strike, and while he (and I) were both really looking forward to it, he came away not all that impressed. Just said it was okay.

I honestly think SFMM was looking for an answer to Maverick with this.
Kinda surprised no one else saw this in WCR. It always came across to me as a racing, gluten-free Maverick. Don’t think it’s going to make a lot of people’s top 10 lists, but I think it will still be a lot of fun. It apparently has plenty of airtime so that’s a win in my book.

What I find most interesting is that neither Yukon Striker nor Copperhead Strike have gotten more than medium, meh reviews...and Maxx Force is being hammered for being more of a party trick than a coaster. Could WCR end of being the sleeper hit of 2019 by default? Who would have thought! LOL
You forgot Steel Curtain. That could easily be better. But I could see WCR come in at 2nd best.

Last edited: