Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

The food is surprisingly good nowadays at Magic Mountain. I would argue that they have the second best basic counter service food in the LA/OC parks behind Knott's. The pizza is actually good unlike the pizza at Disneyland. Plus, the BBQ is good even if it isn't as good as it is at Knott's. The Johnny Rocket's is also a good option.

I'm as far from a foodie as possible so all the weird and unusual food people like at Disney doesn't appeal to me. From my experience, the basic park food at Magic Mountain is really good, especially when you consider the value you get with a dining pass.

Yes I got a bonus add on for 4.99 a month to the diamond elite membership for the deluxe dining pass so I'd say it's well worth it. All that green food plus 50% off all food purchases. (And merch)

Yes I got a bonus add on for 4.99 a month to the diamond elite membership for the deluxe dining pass so I'd say it's well worth it. All that green food plus 50% off all food purchases. (And merch)

The Diamond Elite pass is actually a really good deal. On top of getting the dining pass for about 5 dollars a month, you also can get All Season Gold Flash Pass for around 17/month plus you get free Fright Fest wristbands every time that you visit during Fright Fest.

The Diamond Elite pass is actually a really good deal. On top of getting the dining pass for about 5 dollars a month, you also can get All Season Gold Flash Pass for around 17/month plus you get free Fright Fest wristbands every time that you visit during Fright Fest.

Yeah but I'm not local (wa state) and I have a disability pass on file so I don't need flash pass. Still a good deal though.

The only good food at the park is Chop Six and Twistedwiches.

I think it’s great that SFMM is adding a passholder lounge. Anyone know where it will be? The old food location to the right of Sky Tower would be a neat spot. I don’t think people realize that SFMM treats their pass-holders/members really well compared to the other SoCal parks, especially with the low price. They ALWAYS offer bring a friend free days, discounted tickets, exclusive ride times, new ride previews, coupons within the app, and now a lounge! USH is WAY behind on their AP program especially compared to Orlando. They can’t even give us plastic annual pass cards!

I think it’s great that SFMM is adding a passholder lounge. Anyone know where it will be? The old food location to the right of Sky Tower would be a neat spot. I don’t think people realize that SFMM treats their pass-holders/members really well compared to the other SoCal parks, especially with the low price. They ALWAYS offer bring a friend free days, discounted tickets, exclusive ride times, new ride previews, coupons within the app, and now a lounge! USH is WAY behind on their AP program especially compared to Orlando. They can’t even give us plastic annual pass cards!

Sounds like it'll take over the old Apocalypse store.

Agree that USH has no clue how to manage the AP program. Paper tickets are a joke. I have passes to all the SOCal parks and it just shows how cheap they are. Even Knott's gives out cards. Universal will send an email to enter into a drawing to win free movie tickets. Come on have some free screening every once in awhile. MM discounts and offers are very good but park operations are pretty terrible. So there is a trade off.

Just no. Chop stix was the WORST in the park when I went. I couldn't eat it all and I got sick. So salty and gross. Twisted witches is good one day terrible the next.

Diamond Elite is the ONLY way to go when dealing with Six Flags parks. The 50% food and merch alone makes it bearable, plus prefered parking, skip the line passes, unlimited drinks bottle, and holiday events. Just stay away from about 90% of the food options, and you'll be good to go.
I'm a member, and the minute they get rid of that 50% off deal (or reduced it), I'm GONE.

I agree. I do love the Diamond Membership. I admit, it's spoiling me a bit to get premium parking, a dedicated security line, and a dedicated main gate turnstyle in the mornings. And the 50% helps a lot as well.

In terms of improving just a bit, they need to have the ability to reserve parking on the app. And it is irritating to have to make reservations on parking the day before. If spots are still available on that day, you ought to still be able to make a reservation then.

Also, hasn't the app been saying since the beginning of the year that mobile food ordering was coming? And whatever happened to the plan to put in covered solar parking?

Agree that USH has no clue how to manage the AP program. Paper tickets are a joke. I have passes to all the SOCal parks and it just shows how cheap they are. Even Knott's gives out cards. Universal will send an email to enter into a drawing to win free movie tickets. Come on have some free screening every once in awhile. MM discounts and offers are very good but park operations are pretty terrible. So there is a trade off.

USH went environmental years ago. You won't even find a plastic straw anywhere in the park.

I agree. I do love the Diamond Membership. I admit, it's spoiling me a bit to get premium parking, a dedicated security line, and a dedicated main gate turnstyle in the mornings. And the 50% helps a lot as well.

In terms of improving just a bit, they need to have the ability to reserve parking on the app. And it is irritating to have to make reservations on parking the day before. If spots are still available on that day, you ought to still be able to make a reservation then.

Also, hasn't the app been saying since the beginning of the year that mobile food ordering was coming? And whatever happened to the plan to put in covered solar parking?
I would like the ability to purchase the 50% off friend tickets online so we don't have to go through the ticket booth. That's my biggest complaint I think.

Was just in the park for a bit today. Quick updates:
  • No more biometrics at the main gate, they take your picture much like Disneyland.
  • Crazanity was down, and no one was at the ride at all. Not a great sign, anyone know more?
  • TC was running two trains, Ninja one.
  • Drop of Doom is open after reports of it being closed for a while
  • New tables & chairs at Food Etc.
  • Many Fright Fest decor is going up in the park.
I have pics of some of these updates at my twitter (same name as here)

Was just in the park for a bit today. Quick updates:
  • No more biometrics at the main gate, they take your picture much like Disneyland.
  • Crazanity was down, and no one was at the ride at all. Not a great sign, anyone know more?
  • TC was running two trains, Ninja one.
  • Drop of Doom is open after reports of it being closed for a while
  • New tables & chairs at Food Etc.
  • Many Fright Fest decor is going up in the park.
I have pics of some of these updates at my twitter (same name as here)

Yes, the fingerprint scan was removed a couple of weeks ago. Much better now. USH needs to do this now.
Crazanity been down also. It was down for about a week earlier this summer.
MM doesn't care how many trains they run, people will still wait and come back.
DoD is open, never ridden, never will.
Yeah for new chairs and tables. Very un-Magic Mountain to buy new things like that. They will look old soon knowing their upkeep.
Don't do frightfest, but it does draw a crowd.

They haven't officially announced any mazes for Fright Fest this year . However, I do recall them saying that Aftermath 2 will be open during a West Coast Racers construction tour. I quite enjoyed Condemed and Sewer of Souls last year. I was hoping that was a sign of them focusing on adding new, quality mazes. I actually greatly preferred those two over the new ones Knott's got last year.