Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 190 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It looks like SFMM will temporarily operate without a permanent Park President for the near future. Just spitballing here, but I’m encouraged by this, as our next leader could very well come from Cedar Fair.

Reactions: Jamesh22
It looks like SFMM will temporarily operate without a permanent Park President for the near future. Just spitballing here, but I’m encouraged by this, as our next leader could very well come from Cedar Fair.
Yep. They have been without one for 3 months now. The return of Neal Thurman with additional responsibilities would be nice.

• Love
Reactions: Southerncoasterer
It’s also meant to be Six Flag’s flagship park, if not also the most profitable. It’s the only Six Flags park in the chain open all-year round so it likely is.

With that said, I’m fairly confident Cedar Flags (What I’m calling it now lol) will likely give better TLC than Six Flags did. I mean, it’s the California Cedar Point. They can still also run Knott’s as the “cheaper Disneyland” by focusing a bit more on family/themed rides and SFMM big thrill machines. Not to say they won’t think about coasters for Knott’s every now and then.
God, imagine if Knotts could do Ghost Town Alive type stuff all the time and pitch the park kinda as what evermore never was lol

Just assume all of them :lol:

Although in all seriousness, most rides seemed open with the exception of everything on the top of the mountain (Ninja, Superman, Magic Mover). Which, in the last few years, they do tend to close off before and after haunt to (I presume) set up and tear down haunt stuff. Ninja and Superman were mostly open for haunt. Jet Stream is still down.

But a lot of things were running one train: Tatsu, Goliath, Viper, and Revolution (which has been on single train ops forever). Still, they were open, but the lines were pretty long and slow. Crazanity is open, as well as JL.

Also, I noticed if you're a member and trying to redeem Front of Line passes though the app, it doesn't seem to work anymore. Guess it's just a glitch? Not sure.

One perk: the haunt emporium store (near Apocalypse) will still be open for the rest of the calendar year, so you can still pick up haunt merch! And we saw many of the shirt for Saw being sold in Studio 6 (near Goldrusher).

Going back to the newly demolished ticket booths, it's amazing how much more open it feels without them. To me, it made the outdated lattice structure feel more modern. It'll be interesting to see if they keep it, or create an entirely new entrance. I feel like there were rumors a couple of years ago (I believe around the park's 50th anniversary that ended up happening during Covid) of the park getting an upgraded entrance. Let's hope it's actually happening... even if it's just this, it's already a big improvement.

Anyone seen this? Why is MM/HH pinned in what looks to be the Barstow area?

View attachment 20048

I recognize that this map and numbers don't tell the full tale but the "South" region has the lowest ratio of parks to people, with an average of 810K people/park where the other regions are more than 1 million per park. The best is the West at 1.36M/park, the Southeast is at 1.3 million per park with the Midwest coming in at 1.2 million per park. Obviously, profitability plays a larger role as the parks in the South could be more profitable in ways that attendance would not reflect.

I hadn't considered the idea of cross-promoting passes for Knott's & SFMM.
When I was playing armchair CEO the other day, I thought it would make sense to sell Knott's to Herschend.

Kind of a shame they will be demo’ing the Golden Bear theater (Never actually got to go in there!) but if this is really the big coaster we’ve been waiting for…bring it.