Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 192 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
RZ0WG9N.png
When was the last time they completely redid one of those coaster murals on the hill?

Reactions: Freak
What if this project is on an even bigger scale than giga? Something on the smaller side of a project like Falcons Fury for Intamin? Magic mountain would be the park to do something that outrageous. . The close proximity of this new construction site to Goliath coincides with giga rumors as the lift hill will visually eclipse the height of Goliath. I am skeptic to the actual space being able to accommodate a true out and back variation. I am excited to see what they come up with. Either a giga or a spinning coaster of some type are my two choices for this location. Exciting times are on the way!

I think you meant Falcon's Flight?

Falcon's Flight relies on the quarry wall to get the height that it needs to take the record for tallest coaster. I don't think SFMM can build something bigger than a Giga. A "traditional" Strata has the top hat element as the high point and I don't know how they make that element earthquake resistant.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
Yeah Falcons Flight. What type of giga do you predict will be chosen? Do you really think a full size giga could fit in this proposed site? A giga dive would be more suited to the plot by first glance. An Intamin or b and m traditional giga would be an absolute dream and a true standout attraction for this destination theme park.

We’re all discussing what type of giga this will be and come to find out it’s gonna be a Premiere Sky Rocket clone.

But seriously, a Falcon’s Flight kind of coaster that would consume the front half of the park is just the kind of ride SFMM could really use. I think the best case scenario will probably be something akin to Hyperion at Thorpe Park, but at either the same height or taller.

• Haha
Reactions: Jamesh22
I mean its either that or a spinning coaster of some sort. There aren't many gaps in the lineup. I'd be happy with a giant Ferris wheel also. Always fun to speculate!

I mean its either that or a spinning coaster of some sort. There aren't many gaps in the lineup. I'd be happy with a giant Ferris wheel also. Always fun to speculate!

Perhaps a dumb thought but I'd argue it'd be counter-intuitive for a dive coaster model, when in considering it'd be undervalued compared to F&F's Extreme MDC nature.

Honestly; I wonder if this could be a full scale Vekoma project. Would be a way to diversify from the rest of the lineup, and there are options that could make it truly iconic (like the tilt coaster model).

My assumption is they're looking for something they can cram onto a billboard, whether that be the tallest-non-launching roller coaster in California (giga) or the tallest dive coaster in California (B&M). I personally think a wing coaster would be a great fit in their lineup, but I would understand if they feel that's too similar to X2.

My assumption is they're looking for something they can cram onto a billboard, whether that be the tallest-non-launching roller coaster in California (giga) or the tallest dive coaster in California (B&M). I personally think a wing coaster would be a great fit in their lineup, but I would understand if they feel that's too similar to X2.
I don’t see SFMM getting a wing, but with SWSD rumored to get a wing, it would be pretty awkward if SFMM decided to add one as well.

Reactions: Rideguy70
To me, it feels like a few options.

A.) The Giga Method - It'd be something that feels like it's long overdue for the park; and it could allow them to redo the entire entrance plaza experience to be like Carowinds in a sense (the same could be said for B if we're honest). It'd be photogenic, but I don't think there's enough space for it? Unless this goes further than where it is intending.

B.) The Tilt Method - In a landscape where Knotts and Seas have more traditional dive based coasters, how could SFMM change the game? Quite simple--go to the absolute extreme. Vekoma is making it's way back into the US, and they will be opening a Tilt Coaster in Qiddya (with a second one in Texas). I think it'd be a picture-esque iconic coaster that could easily wrap itself around that entire area with no problem, and depending on it's height; it could be imposing to see from the highway.

I'd have serious pause before I bet on Vekoma to develop a park icon, particularly one that cost me a lot of money.
I'd argue it'd be no different than Intamin.

Plus, the Vekoma of the now is a very different company than the one that had been talked about even half a decade at this point. They've completely reshaped their coaster wings to have some of the best coasters in Europe.

Additionally, SFCorp is beginning to work with Vekoma full on, considering the Super Boomerang for Great Adventure completely being theirs. Hell, if they'd go with the Giga model, they could even work with Vekoma on that compared to Intamin, as they were part of a voting competition for a hyper model that ended up being Hyperion at Energylandia. Yes, the poll was a real thing.

The dynamic of Vekoma is extremely different now.