Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 196 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I didn't even feel the earthquake in the park lol. It was only a 4.7, but every ride closed down anyway. But before that, every ride was open except the Samurai summit rides and water rides

That was a really boring nature documentary :p in all seriousness though, I thought they'd be further along with demolition by now.

**EDIT: Here's an aerial shot from "Our Mountain Thrills Park" from the other day
1000009531.jpg

As for the solar panels, it'll be great for the park, especially if they invest in more electrical throughout (*looks at Samurai Summit*).

I still wish they'd build a parking garage (or two) because that'd give them more expansion space. Of course that'd require relocating the backstage facilities behind Screampunk & DC Universe.

That's the downside about working at the park, you tend to care more about the quality than upper management. At least that was my experience.

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll have the more of the park open for Scream Break this year? The Saw X maze is still standing, in an area that was closed last year. Looks like it hasn't been touched:
20240209_130317.jpg

I wonder if they'll have the more of the park open for Scream Break this year? The Saw X maze is still standing
Well, to be fair, SFMM doesn't take their mazes down after the event (unless it's being replaced), except for the "Willoughby's Resurrected" & "Sewer of Souls" facade since they're not backstage. SawX is technically backstage.

SFMM did share this image as well with their Facebook post of Scream Break/Food Festival
1000009556.jpg
so it is very possible that SAW is used for the event if they wanted to expand. Also keep in mind that the SAW venue didn't exist during Scream Break's debut last year either.

Apparently, the two mazes this year are Condamned: House Party and SAW... so yes, more of the park will be open. WW and Crazanity are part of the open rides. A bit odd they're so far apart, but it will be nice to have SAW! I suspected there was a reason they were keeping it up, and, on a relative Six Flags scale, was pretty decent and seemed popular with the GP as well.

Reactions: TCox91 and Wesker69
That was a really boring nature documentary :p in all seriousness though, I thought they'd be further along with demolition by now.

**EDIT: Here's an aerial shot from "Our Mountain Thrills Park" from the other day
View attachment 20676

As for the solar panels, it'll be great for the park, especially if they invest in more electrical throughout (*looks at Samurai Summit*).

I still wish they'd build a parking garage (or two) because that'd give them more expansion space. Of course that'd require relocating the backstage facilities behind Screampunk & DC Universe.

That's the downside about working at the park, you tend to care more about the quality than upper management. At least that was my experience.
And now for an update from today

Theater is pretty much gone

• Wow
Reactions: Wesker69
Yay! Glad X2 is getting proper refurbishment. Almost wish they'd enclose/cover the queue, but that is an unrealistic dream for this park.

My love for this coaster (and Ninja, Viper, Apocalypse too) is unhealthy lol

a new permit recently for a new restroom building and it seems like it is for the former flash restrooms!
All the restrooms need to be redone from the ground up, especially fix the plumbing..

I'm surprised they haven't torn down/rebuilt the restrooms by Tatsu/Katie's Kettle. Having had to clean those, they need an upgrade/expansion. Gut the arcade & expand the bathroom (of course they'll need to relocate the Games office/area)

Always found it odd that there isn't a restroom near Viper/ChopSix/X2 unless you go down to the ones across from Revolution (or use the Katie's Kettle/Tatsu restroom)