Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

You know what I just randomly realized today? Full Throttle could've easily gone where Jet Stream is. Had they have gone with demoing JS instead of Log Jammer, Full Throttle's placement would've fit perfectly in the Underground's theming for racing. We also would've kept what was once one of the nicest-looking areas of the park and not end up with the concrete slab like we have now. What a travesty.
I do miss log jammer.

Interesting video from about 1 year ago and how West Coast Racers progressed in that one year. What amazes me is how the go cart track is almost completely covered by the coaster now.

Awesome! I’m sure Intamin could still fabricate the parts although it might be pricier being a discontinued coaster model. I guess it’ll keep costs down for the next few years.

Holy crap, looks like the rumor of the 4D free Spin + Mack Power Splash might actually be legit:

Notice the pattern from the past two decades:

2001: X, De’Ja’Vu, Goliath Jr.
2011: Krypton Escape, Green Lantern, Road Runner

Could we see two new coasters in the same year or three new ones next year and have the third one removed several years later? :lol:

No surprise. Six Flags parks, especially MM, are becoming trashier everday. Zero upkeep. Running one train operations during peak times. Why would anyone pay to go?
Because you can get a season pass for next to nothing and cheaper than a single day at Disney. At that rate they can be terrible and still a good value if you just want something to do.

Yay, looping Power Splash! It was obvious to me from the moment it was unveiled by Mack Rides. This is as SFMM a ride as it gets.

Probably fairly low cost, and can be marketed as a first of it's kind and will look impressive from the midway.

Employees seem to think there will be 2 attractions announced though.

I do not think it will be the looping power splash, but we'll see. These rides take up to a year to be made/ ordered and my feeling is SF bought a collection of these starting with Aquaman in SFoT (much like the Justice League clones). Not to mention I doubt SFMM wants dabble with its unreliability.

I do not think it will be the looping power splash, but we'll see. These rides take up to a year to be made/ ordered and my feeling is SF bought a collection of these starting with Aquaman in SFoT (much like the Justice League clones). Not to mention I doubt SFMM wants dabble with its unreliability.

Yeah I was kinda being facetious. I have no idea honestly. I'm just fairly sure it's one of these rides. Even employees say that's what it is. One told me the early start is just to update the plumbing/electrical as not to run into another WCR situation. He also said there is a second ride in another location.

Yeah I was kinda being facetious. I have no idea honestly. I'm just fairly sure it's one of these rides. Even employees say that's what it is. One told me the early start is just to update the plumbing/electrical as not to run into another WCR situation. He also said there is a second ride in another location.
Do you think the other location he was talking about was GL or someplace else entirely?

There is a rumor going around that the second ride will be the S&S Freespin. By itself, I would've said no way, but packaged with another attraction, it could be possible.

There is a rumor going around that the second ride will be the S&S Freespin. By itself, I would've said no way, but packaged with another attraction, it could be possible.

I could see that. It could be called, Green Lantern: We're sorry edition.

Seriously, those 2 rides plus a fowards/backwards Superman relaunch (another rumor), would be a decent 50th.

Looks lik
I could see that. It could be called, Green Lantern: We're sorry edition.

Seriously, those 2 rides plus a fowards/backwards Superman relaunch (another rumor), would be a decent 50th.
Wait, what?! Where did this come from? If true, the "three new coasters for each ten-year anniversary" trend continues! Now we have to figure out which one will get removed eventually. :lol:

While that sounds awesome, is SFMM really going to keep both lanes open all the time? I don't see this being very practical.

While that sounds awesome, is SFMM really going to keep both lanes open all the time? I don't see this being very practical.
Considering Superman is rarely open these days it will be a stretch if the will ever run 2 sides again.

Side note:

Rode West Coast Racers 4 times yesterday and is becoming one of my favorite rides in the park. it is a fun ride that is family friendly. Except staff need to do a better job of communicating and checking kids. There were a ton of kids in line at 48 in but the ride is 54 in. The people downstairs were not checking hight so people waited 30 -45 min for nothing. I know it is mainly the parents fault but the sign for height is hard to see at the entrance.