Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

An interesting note, the markings are..going much wider in the footprint that 2021 is having than it's worth for just a Mack Power Splash.

From Park Bros.

My Dad was a land surveyor and I used to spend summers working with him marking things for construction like this. Don't read too much into the placement since some points are off-set from the actual construction area to be used as reference points that don't get disturbed by the process.

A perk that Six Flags has, is that they do projects most of the time as small-budget compared to Cedar Point.

Could we see a drop in the quality of the products? Absolutely, but I'm not expecting projects to be canned. If anything some may get postponed, as you brought up.

I definitely used to be against SF selling MM since I kind of love that run down, nostalgic, teenage wasteland charm but in recent years... yeah... the park deserves way better. Cedar Fair was offered it on the down low but declined and many insiders believe if the park were to be sold, it would be for real estate. Magic Mountain would probably cease to exist.

If only Ms. Parton/ Herschend was interested in expanding her ownerships out west...

If it gets sold to another company, I would not consider that a bad thing. I'm just worried that the park might be sold for more real estate.

But any company besides Cedar Fair. Don't want another "coaster monopoly" like in Ohio.

While I understand what you're saying, I can honestly say that it's a nice monopoly to be a part of. If my beloved Kings Island doesn't have it, I drive 3 1/2 hours to Cedar Point which will. However, I would doubt that Cedar Fair would be able to absorb Six Flags. I would expect an offshore company to swoop in, perhaps, but Six Flags could restructure and stay in business somehow.

Interestingly enough a very small regional park near me just closed in February. It was owned by Apex Parks and most certainly would not have survived due to the economic impact from the virus. Almost as if they had an inkling of what’s to come. Not a direct comparison but anecdotally may be a similar situation. I think Six Flags will sell underperforming parks or smaller ventures before going belly up or selling SFMM.

I could see Cedar Fair buying one of the Texas parks since they don’t have a single park in that state. SFMM would be much harder to find a buyer to continue operating it.

I would not be surprised to see Six Flags Ent. Corp. and SeaWorld Parks & Ent. both for sale at the same time in the near future. But that discussion could probably support it's own thread.

I would not be surprised to see Six Flags Ent. Corp. and SeaWorld Parks & Ent. both for sale at the same time in the near future. But that discussion could probably support it's own thread.
And who has the money to buy either of those after this? Maybe an outside company none of use are thinking of or, as i've mentioned before, perhaps Merlin. But who wants to? Who really wants to takeover these parks? I'm sure Cedar Fair would love to, but they won't have the money.

This is definitely a discussion for it's own thread, but I this could get interesting as I really don't think at the very least Six Flags is going to be able to make it through this and i'm not sure who is going to be there to actually want to come in as a buyer.

And who has the money to buy either of those after this? Maybe an outside company none of use are thinking of or, as i've mentioned before, perhaps Merlin. But who wants to? Who really wants to takeover these parks? I'm sure Cedar Fair would love to, but they won't have the money.

This is definitely a discussion for it's own thread, but I this could get interesting as I really don't think at the very least Six Flags is going to be able to make it through this and i'm not sure who is going to be there to actually want to come in as a buyer.
Apparently Six Flags is worried that someone will come up with enough cash for a hostile takeover after their stock dropped 72% in the recent crash.