Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Well, we've often said, how will Universal ever top Diagon. I know it's just a 2 acre attraction, and not a whole town with two attractions, BUT, Kong is looking so awesome, it may end up being the best thing Universal Creative has ever done. :peace:

Top? Maybe not but compliment? - Certainly!

No reason to compare the two, Raptor is a great addition to the park and does not need to be compared but the general direction they are moving is impressive.

Tarantulas destroy me, just recently opened my eyes for the scene in FJ, the face of demons I tell ya. I'm sure the bug scene is really gonna bring it home, barf bag is ready. That's so awesome about the audition, 5'7 - 6ft tall!?! That's predator/Jason sized holy crap!!! These guys are gonna be terrifying, kinda bummed it's masks instead of prosthetics but whatever, it'll scare me either way. Avoiding everything I can until I can ride it for myself, queue especially

I have total faith in A&D, I just worry on it being corny. I want to eat my words, and I probably will; but I just have hesitation.

Guests hopefully won't have long to process and digest the fine details on this costume. I'm thinking this will be a brief appearance at a specific point in the queue designed to startle and scare quickly and disappear just as quickly. Think HHN maze.

Boo and skidoo.

Am I the only one who feels the scariness of this is being over-exaggerated? You think they'd emphasize how scary it was in advertising to attract more of the HHN crowd if it's "worse than HHN" as people are saying. Also, are we sure that the natives are for scare-actors? Are we sure they might not just be in front of the ride like the pharaohs in front of the Mummy?

After the hurricanes of 2004, I found this on my back windowsill. I thought it was a toy until I reached to pick it up... it moved. I yelped in horror so damn loud. These things are giant and probably more common in south Florida.

493170897_d2ee64ff7b_b.jpg

Wolf spiders on the other hand live in Orlando... heebedeegeeez! They are like trim athletic tarantulas. Huge hairy leg span.

Otherwise I generally have no issue with insects.

Are we sure they might not just be in front of the ride like the pharaohs in front of the Mummy?

pretty darned sure!

Giant Crickets? I'm okay with...

Giant Leeches and earthworms... and Spiders.... Not so much.

Though I do hope they put the worm scene on the ride, It was so disturbing in the movie.

I know other rides have used actors throughout their run, but what are the chances that these queue actors stay for longer than a few months? Seems expensive.

I know other rides have used actors throughout their run, but what are the chances that these queue actors stay for longer than a few months? Seems expensive.
id say at $10 an hour for a 12 hour (peak season) day is only $120 for your scare actors on a merchandise selling attraction. Shouldn't be too bad. They can just sell 6 plush figures and pay for it. lol

If that audition info is indeed for kong's natives and people are wondering about the potential cheesiness of the masks. I would think of it as less about just hiding the faces and just as much as giving the natives with masks,(as it says only some will have them) a ceremonial native mask that appears to be carved and made on the island.

I found out who Mike West is... Executive Producer of Skull Island RoK. He did the same for Transformers and Desp Me and Simpsons. He came to Universal in 2006 after decades with Imagineering (which must have been weird for him). He works a lot in the austere caverns of B32. It's unclear if he also has an office in the Promenade Bldg. He is reportedly "a very nice guy" with a penchant for trying to steal others to come and work for UC.

Corrected the building number. I had transposed it in my head.

Last edited: