Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are these wireless antennas for the ride vehicles?

from @bioreconstruct

CafKXUlUYAAaVyh.jpg:large

I found out who Mike West is... Executive Producer of Skull Island RoK. He did the same for Transformers and Desp Me and Simpsons. He came to Universal in 2006 after decades with Imagineering (which must have been weird for him). He works a lot in the austere caverns of B23. It's unclear if he also has an office in the Promenade Bldg. He is reportedly "a very nice guy" with a penchant for trying to steal others to come and work for UC.
"Sherlock" Teebin solves another mystery. :)

Are these wireless antennas for the ride vehicles?
I have no clue what those are but the way they are being installed makes them look like an afterthought. Shouldn't they be more hidden? Why wouldn't they have left a conduit through the rock work to run the wires?

"Sherlock" Teebin solves another mystery. :)

I mean, MW was in all the DM:MM stuff. It wasn't much of a mystery.:lol:

I have no clue what those are but the way they are being installed makes them look like an afterthought. Shouldn't they be more hidden? Why wouldn't they have left a conduit through the rock work to run the wires?

There's still 4-5 months before the ride opens. If they're permanent, they'll be themed by the end

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
I am not in the loop as to how the RVs will be controlled but if you look at the pictures of the entrance the center is clear while the outer sides have blocks with conduits running through the gaps. I believe this is a standard guide wire system with a pair of wires running though the center channel the RV keys off of to keep centered. Could be wrong and those transmitters are somehow tied to the vehicles but I can't see it at this point.

But then you said they run based on embedded wires? I'm saying probably not stop thinking too hard.

My word testtrack, you are acting so disagreeable lately. Stop thinking? That's what we all try to do on these forums is figure out the unknown.

Just because I don't tell you all everything I know doesn't mean there isn't more to the story.

The vehicles also use GPS for more accurate reporting of location at any second. There is, I believe, yet a third reporter of a vehicles location on the track, but I am not sure exactly what that system is. OK? ;)

Whatever they are, I doubt they'll be that obvious when the ride opens.

Still, could this mean we'll be seeing cars on the outdoor track soon-ish?

What's most fascinating, is that (at least) one is not located where originally intended. The electrical pipes are on the very top of those stone protrusions and yet now they are dangling the cables down the side. That rarely if ever happens unless there has been a change in the matrix (so to speak).

I am working to find out what they are. Preliminary ideas are powerful gps access points (for a kind of specialized GPS data that provides down to the inch data)

Reactions: JoeCamel
What's most fascinating, is that (at least) one is not located where originally intended. The electrical pipes are on the very top of those stone protrusions and yet now they are dangling the cables down the side. That rarely if ever happens unless there has been a change in the matrix (so to speak).

I am working to find out what they are. Preliminary ideas are powerful gps access points (for a kind of specialized GPS data that provides down to the inch data)

Maybe the cables are just for testing so they can move them around for optimum placement. From what I saw Friday they are nowhere near to letting RVs navigate the outdoor part of the pathway, too much work still to be done in that area IMO

Maybe the cables are just for testing so they can move them around for optimum placement. From what I saw Friday they are nowhere near to letting RVs navigate the outdoor part of the pathway, too much work still to be done in that area IMO

Oh, the vehicles have been outdoors and run the scenes there, but they are doing this in the wee hours of the morning only. They are sitting hard on the big reveal. I guess I forgot to mention that. :)

Oh, the vehicles have been outdoors and run the scenes there, but they are doing this in the wee hours of the morning only. They are sitting hard on the big reveal. I guess I forgot to mention that. :)

I knew they were running inside, didn't know they were out with all the work in the pathway.

I knew they were running inside, didn't know they were out with all the work in the pathway.

They did run into an obstacle on the first outside run so that delayed nightly testing for longer than planned while the issue was corrected. Once again, thank goodness they put this thing on the track early. I just hope they begin running it with full effects soon as these could cause unforeseen issues. This has not yet happened.