Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry to sound unknowledgeable, but is the definition of an "E-Ticket" attraction?

It's a reference to Disney theme parks - originally they sold books of tickets and different rides had different ticket levels, denoted by letter. You needed an E ticket to ride the best rides.

With modern tickets you have access to the full park with admission but originally you got a ticket book that matched your budget and how much you wanted to do. Plus sponsors often made their own rides free to promote themselves.

It is commonly used now to denote a high end attraction, something like Luigi's Rollicking thingy at DCA would be considered like a C ticket. Stuff like the treehouse and shows are A's.

Ticket books did a great job of spreading people around the parks. Free attractions were always popular - but as mentioned usually heavily sponsored. E's were costly so even if popular they were done once.

How many people do you know now who ride something many times a day? Especially the big rides.

And then the middle ground attractions would be given a shot because "eh, we paid for this" as ticket books came with few E's but multiples of the lower tiers.

Now people can spend a whole day jumping from E to E and totally skip the lower level rides. It used to be you'd do just a few E's and fill the day with the lower rides.

Reactions: Ryno27
Crazy to think first ride impressions will be written on here in just a few months...
I'm visiting the parks a few months after it opens and whilst my heart says to stop reading this thread at that point and go in blind on a new ride for once, my head says

ZOMG! SPOILERS READ ZOMG! KONG ZOMG! EVERYTHING ZOMG! ZOMG!

Crazy to think first ride impressions will be written on here in just a few months...
I'm visiting the parks a few months after it opens and whilst my heart says to stop reading this thread at that point and go in blind on a new ride for once, my head says

ZOMG! SPOILERS READ ZOMG! KONG ZOMG! EVERYTHING ZOMG! ZOMG!
Ugh I am in this same boat.. Like I really want to experience something like a member of the GP, but my self control is almost non existent for theme park related things.

Heard some people say they were soft-opening today, I'm guessing this is probably 90% not true but has anyone heard anything about this?

Edit: Make that 99.9% not true.

None of the opening staff is there yet (save the commission people who will stay and transition over.)

There aren't costumes yet.

I met the guy writing the SOP yesterday. He's researching and nowhere near done.

There aren't any plants in some of the planters.

The wait time sign isn't installed.

None of the vehicles are finished.

Parts of the queue doesn't have walls.

I think I'll stop here...

So.. 100% not true.

None of the opening staff is there yet (save the commission people who will stay and transition over.)

There aren't costumes yet.

I met the guy writing the SOP yesterday. He's researching and nowhere near done.

There aren't any plants in some of the planters.

The wait time sign isn't installed.

None of the vehicles are finished.

Parts of the queue doesn't have walls.

I think I'll stop here...

So.. 100% not true.

So close yet so far.

The tight turns do make the RV look like it is traveling at a faster pace than it is, almost like it is in a hurry.

Almost like they're trying to escape from something or somebody.

If the natives are attacking the truck, I'd love them to be firing blowdarts at you with small blasts of wind going by your face like the darts are just missing you and hearing small pinging sounds inside the truck.

I was watching Kong of TV today and found a familiar scene in the movie.

kk.png~original