Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 208 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That video is so incredible. The screens are gonna be gigantic to create a realistic view of it all. I'm normally not one for screens but when one can change to 5 different scenes all with gruesome deaths, I have no complaints. This ride looks better and better everytime they show it off. One of the best parts of Kong are the creatures, glad they're being represented so prominently. I predict next week will be all about the natives, face off, myth explorers, BTS. Really good stuff

That creatures video is a bit of a bummer. I was hoping that the 360 tunnel was more or less going to be the extent of the simulated section of the ride, but apparently the action on the whole is going to be less physical/practical than I was hoping.

Hopefully that video is slightly misleading, and we'll be meeting some of those creatures "in person," so to speak, but my sky high expectations for the ride have come down to more reasonable levels.

Reactions: Clive and Fatality
That creatures video is a bit of a bummer. I was hoping that the 360 tunnel was more or less going to be the extent of the simulated section of the ride, but apparently the action on the whole is going to be less physical/practical than I was hoping.

Hopefully that video is slightly misleading, and we'll be meeting some of those creatures "in person," so to speak, but my sky high expectations for the ride have come down to more reasonable levels.

I think Gringotts is a good comparison here... the screens will be gigantic yet still perfectly meshing with the physical scenery around it. And you won't believe what the effect of having window bars throughout the vehicle will do to add to the realism. That was the biggest thing that caught me off-guard with USH's 360.

I think Gringotts is a good comparison here... the screens will be gigantic yet still perfectly meshing with the physical scenery around it. And you won't believe what the effect of having window bars throughout the vehicle will do to add to the realism. That was the biggest thing that caught me off-guard with USH's 360.

See, I was hoping more for more of a Forbidden Journey approach, rather than Gringotts, on this one. At least in terms of balancing what's really there along the ride path and what you're watching on ride film. I'm sure the screens will be blended into the sets beautifully, and I'm sure it'll be fun (I'm looking forward to the experience of the 360 tunnel), but (purely for me) it's looking the ride's going to live or die on the shoulders of the Kong AA, how he's handled, and how much time we get to look at him.

We've been saying there's going to be lots of mixed elements. Screens like Gringotts, 360* screen, massive sets, outdoor portion, and AAs. Plural.

That's not something that I remember really being part of the early rumors. I recall mention of screens in early scenes being used as set extensions in the background while real things happen in front of you (which could still theoretically be the case based on the new video; real things could be in front of that footage on the ride). It might have been just my faulty interpretation (which is certainly possible), but I had long been under the impression that the 360 tunnel was basically the extent of the ride's focus on a ride film of some sort, and that the caverns preceding that were going to be in a much more traditional dark ride style.

If that was an unreasonable interpretation, then - like I said - that's on me. I'm certainly not blaming anybody here for setting my expectations at a potentially unrealistic level.

That's not something that I remember really being part of the early rumors. I recall mention of screens in early scenes being used as set extensions in the background while real things happen in front of you (which could still theoretically be the case based on the new video; real things could be in front of that footage on the ride). It might have been just my faulty interpretation (which is certainly possible), but I had long been under the impression that the 360 tunnel was basically the extent of the ride's focus on a ride film of some sort, and that the caverns preceding that were going to be in a much more traditional dark ride style.

If that was an unreasonable interpretation, then - like I said - that's on me. I'm certainly not blaming anybody here for setting my expectations at a potentially unrealistic level.
This is why bar is low for the ride. I have higher hopes for the queue.

Thematic context doesn't make bad CG and greenscreen usage good.

Now, I suppose if they use layers like the holograms from Disaster it may blend more naturally, but even so.
Go back and watch the screen footage released prior to the opening of Gringotts, people said the same things then and now that it's open, I don't hear anyone complaining that the CG is bad.