Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 209 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The way I interpret the ride playing out scene by scene...

(And this is just guessing and intuition based on what's visible).

Leave main camp in truck, outside loop.

Enter temple, cave scene where you "rendezvous" with Kate and that flare is shot and the bat things fly out. Vehicle canopy takes damage to add holes for more visibility of screen later in ride.

Kate hops in vehicle, her sidekick guy is killed, and you and your driver and Kate make a run for it in the vehicle - up the hill...

...and into the main 360 screen. Dino attack and Kong fight much like Hollywood. Like the trams, your vehicle is knocked into the abyss ravine.

In the abyss ravine, Your driver meets their demise from whichever is their chosen bug monster. Kate's driving and Kong manage to save the vehicle.

Exit screen portion, scene with Kong AA (maybe Kong taking Kate) and you scoot away to safety back at the base camp.

Reactions: Cwoolboy and Ryno27
Soun
The way I interpret the ride playing out scene by scene...

(And this is just guessing and intuition based on what's visible).

Leave main camp in truck, outside loop.

Enter temple, cave scene where you "rendezvous" with Kate and that flare is shot and the bat things fly out. Vehicle canopy takes damage to add holes for more visibility of screen later in ride.

Kate hops in vehicle, her sidekick guy is killed, and you and your driver and Kate make a run for it in the vehicle - up the hill...

...and into the main 360 screen. Dino attack and Kong fight much like Hollywood. Like the trams, your vehicle is knocked into the abyss ravine.

In the abyss ravine, Your driver meets their demise from whichever is their chosen bug monster. Kate's driving and Kong manage to save the vehicle.

Exit screen portion, scene with Kong AA (maybe Kong taking Kate) and you scoot away to safety back at the base camp.
Sounds very plausible to me. My biggest question about this attraction is exactly how the front cab of the truck is going to play out.

And I think the attack in the caves, Dino attack, abyss ravine, and final King scenes are all about the same length. For it to all work from a logistic standpoint.

I also think there's a chance he driver can die earlier or later in the ride - as early as the bat things and as late at the abyss ravine via some bug creature, but also with an option to get eaten by a Dino. So 3 bug deaths and bat and Dino.

Reactions: Ryno27
I think the biggest issue is the animation of those creatures. It looks really cheap. I'm sure that it will look much better in person, but if that's the case, releasing that video doesn't do them any real favors. I think concept art would have worked better in this case.

Reactions: UniversalCityFL
Ye of little faith. No need to panic. Film on the internet is not the same as the real thing. If it was, no one would ever go to the parks and we'd watch those crummy You Tube film rides. Put your faith in Universal Creative. As some others have said, these reactions happen every time previews are thrown out there for a new upcoming attraction. So far, everything has been as I was led to expect from the OU posters in the know. This will be a great fun attraction, with a little bit of everything included, for a total entertaining experience.. :)

Honestly, to me, the video doesn't even look bad right now as it is. I can't wait to see it on the ride. But really, how much more realistic can you make a giant worm creature? Or giant bats? Considering we don't even know what these things look like in real life, how can you say it's not "realistic" enough?

I'm sure the Kong AA will set aside all screen complaints. Just you wait, screen haters. Just wait.

Honestly, to me, the video doesn't even look bad right now as it is. I can't wait to see it on the ride. But really, how much more realistic can you make a giant worm creature? Or giant bats? Considering we don't even know what these things look like in real life, how can you say it's not "realistic" enough?

I'm sure the Kong AA will set aside all screen complaints. Just you wait, screen haters. Just wait.

nevermind...

One thing to also keep in mind is that these are not high-res pictures. They were condensed to make gifs to promote. In addition, they will also be 3D so you're flattening the image and taking away part of the depth and look.

One thing to also keep in mind is that these are not high-res pictures. They were condensed to make gifs to promote. In addition, they will also be 3D so you're flattening the image and taking away part of the depth and look.

Yeah, that's what I expected. Which is why it seems silly to even release this as promotional material.