Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 385 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel so hypocritical as I got stuck watching it. And yes, the bleeps about the attraction are almost each commercial break with explorer woman.

Re the movie: The boat ride is far too long and Jack and Adrian leave me cold, mostly Jacks acting. And the bug scene could just be cut completely. Almost all the jazzed up effects scenes could be cut to half if not a third except for the broadway theater. By the skating rink, I am like, "alright Peter, I GET IT. They like and respect each other!"

It kind of takes me out of the movie seeing where they made very obvious cuts for TV.

The cuts are helping as far as I'm concerned. Now if they could hack the next 30 minutes, do the gymnastics scene and then throw chloroform at Kong I would be happy. And yank out gollum and the snowman line. I mean, C'MON!!!

Reactions: Ryno27
The cuts are helping as far as I'm concerned. Now if they could hack the next 30 minutes, do the gymnastics scene and then throw chloroform at Kong I would be happy. And yank out gollum and the snowman line. I mean, C'MON!!!
There's a Gollum line?

Well, the promotions should shore up reservations at the hotels if nothing else! They didn't show us anything really new which is to be expected at this point. Just enough to entice new attendance.

Back to the movie, I hate it when that ladder breaks... makes me sick to my stomach. It's so frightening to me.

Watching the movie for the first time. It's decent, but I like the 1930's version better. It sure is a great three hour commercial for Universal though. Everything kind of fits together well as a promotional effect, between the movie, Erin's spots & the commercials. Bottom line, it works....If I was just a regular tourist, it would entice me to visit the park.

No release date was mentioned, which makes me believe that they'll announce it at the Preview Event in the coming weeks.

Which..i'll throw this guess. Could it be possible that they'll go "Screw it" and open it on Independence Day?

Reactions: Ryno27