Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 384 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have another trip set for next month the weekend of the 24th. I guess I'm pretty much guaranteed to ride it then considering the media preview.

Needless to say Jackson could use a more judicious editor. Three hours for the story of King Kong is way too much, I don't care how much character development you shove in that first hour. (or excruciatingly long action sequences in the second)

I agree with part of this. I think the first hour is kind of wonderful and elegant. But the second act has one-too-many sequences. They could've easily lost the stampede (which has such poorly rendered effects that it really sucks you out of the experience) and made that second act a race to track Kong. It'd be tighter, faster, and more suspenseful.

Reactions: JonsMovies and Sean
I agree with part of this. I think the first hour is kind of wonderful and elegant. But the second act has one-too-many sequences. They could've easily lost the stampede (which has such poorly rendered effects that it really sucks you out of the experience) and made that second act a race to track Kong. It'd be tighter, faster, and more suspenseful.
Adrien Brody's character was a big drag, IMO. And I didn't like Naomi Watts in the role, bad casting choice.