Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can't they just grab single riders from the standby line closer to the loading platform? I've seen that in Revenge of the Mummy. It's not as efficient as having a dedicated line, but it seems to work relatively well.

Question (probably mostly for Teebin): I assume (because this would be a great site to see) we will be able to see the ride vehicle enter the temple/wall from the Toon Lagoon/waterfeature sign, if this is the case does this mean as a guest on the ride we will be able to see Toon Lagoon? Because that seems like a buzz kill...

Question (probably mostly for Teebin): I assume (because this would be a great site to see) we will be able to see the ride vehicle enter the temple/wall from the Toon Lagoon/waterfeature sign, if this is the case does this mean as a guest on the ride we will be able to see Toon Lagoon? Because that seems like a buzz kill...

No, not from toon at all unless the tops of the temple doors opening and closing, then maybe. You might be able to see it all from Camp Jurassic upper story lookouts.

Reactions: martymcflyy85

The construction site is quite visible when you're on Rip Saw Falls. I'm actually surprised someone hasn't tried to take pictures from there.

The construction site is quite visible when you're on Rip Saw Falls. I'm actually surprised someone hasn't tried to take pictures from there.

I think that's because the effort involved in getting pictures from there is just so great when you have such a great spot at Camp Jurassic.

The biggest question I have about Kong Skull Island is what can we further expect from the land. After the recent arial image taken of the site the ride path is somewhat visible, but what does universal have planned for the entrance into the land. Yes Skull Island will mostly be a ride, but there is enough room to squeeze in a dense jungle with ruins in front of the ride. Any thoughts on this?

Yes Skull Island will mostly be a ride, but there is enough room to squeeze in a dense jungle with ruins in front of the ride. Any thoughts on this?

There might be a bit of surrounding jungle on the periphery but otherwise, the majority of the actual ride and queue, I believe, will be barren and dead, dead, dead.

Oh yeah, but there will be signs vegetative growth that has since died. That's a tidbit we will be seeing sooner rather than later. :wave:

Last edited:
Standby and express, this rides already gonna have an insane capacity so the line shouldn't be too bad anyways. Yeah prepare for screaming children throughout your 7 minute jungle excursion!!!

Those two selections weren't my thing. There was no discernible themes in the music. Just orchestral background music. Nothing memorable. I haven't heard the rest of the soundtrack though.

Its the Wilhelm Scream. You're welcome.

Definitely NOT the Wilhelm Scream. It's been used in all the Star Wars and Indiana Jones films, Dante's Peak and tons of classic Westerns and old war films (the original came from the 1951 film Distant Drums and took off from there). You can thank legendary sound designer Ben Burtt for resurrecting it and turning it into such a well-known/used sound effect that it's become a cinematic cliche!

You're welcome. :wave:

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
If Frozen gets...more attention?

Anyway, hard to believe we still have to wait almost a full year to ride this considering how great the exterior looks already. But hopefully this one will give us less anxiety than the two Potter E-Tickets did upon getting close to their scheduled openings.

Sorry, I meant more attention from imagineering and suitable budget to turn it into a top ride/attraction. Not attention from fans or from Disney.

We've seen too much from Disney lately that has been value engineered to the extreme and fully designed for nickel and dimeing, not guest experience and enjoyment.

I am a bit reticent to share this with you as it is my feelings only and will impart no details. Just take it as possible good news.

I just found out today precisely how they will execute an element of this attraction (of which I include the queue). I thought it would be a disaster and would be removed within weeks of opening, but now... Now, I regard it as brilliant as it will be handled very cleverly with added elements that should prove quite unnerving to guests.

That is all. Just thought some of you might enjoy hearing it.

I am a bit reticent to share this with you as it is my feelings only and will impart no details. Just take it as possible good news.

I just found out today precisely how they will execute an element of this attraction (of which I include the queue). I thought it would be a disaster and would be removed within weeks of opening, but now... Now, I regard it as brilliant as it will be handled very cleverly with added elements that should prove quite unnerving to guests.

That is all. Just thought some of you might enjoy hearing it.

Wow, that is amazing news. This makes me so excited I actually had to change my underwear...twice! I just can see it like, you know, stuff and like there it goes so wow and all and so unnerving like, right...