Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 463 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I rode it Sunday.
1. Who the hell is Mike West?
2. I don't remember any AA on the trucks.
3. It really is pretty incredible and immersive, but we did miss the outdoor portion due to weather.
4. Having ride issues on a brand new ride is common-FJ broke down ALL the time when it first opened, as did Transformers and Gringott's.

That all could be avoided by raising the expectations and hiring those via auditions. Yes, I realize that costs more but the inconsistencies had to be rare if we consider just how popular Jaws almost solely due to the spielers. I think its worth the trouble for how much it can add.

Also spielers aren't the only ones who can be physically strained, being a ride op, especially that for a very fast-loading attraction like Transformers and Spider-Man can wear you out hard. Lots of energy exhaultation (but fantastic excercise), believe me.

Reactions: Mike S
You all make great points in the way of AA drivers. But when they teased the attraction and had the TM leaning against the truck and told us about the multiple drivers. I just assumed they would all be acted.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
You all make great points in the way of AA drivers. But when they teased the attraction and had the TM leaning against the truck and told us about the multiple drivers. I just assumed they would all be acted.
That even fooled the owner one of the major Theme Park sites. He stated the drivers were live in a lengthy article that was wrong on a whole bunch of other Kong ideas. But the AA drivers had been talked about on OU for the last year or so, so most everyone here had a heads up, even though it wasn't officially declared by Universal.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Imperius
I'm curious now to see what happens if an AA driver is talking and then someone stands up in the middle of one of their bits. Will it wait to finish speaking its line? Or will it ruin the ride experience and break to say please sit down. And in that case will the ride come to a complete stop, or will the ride keep moving and then be off timing on its lines for the ride? Will it be able to reset to where it left off before telling a guest to sit down. From what I hear the story is disjointed anyway.

Reactions: Ryno27
That even fooled the owner one of the major Theme Park sites. He stated the drivers were live in a lengthy article that was wrong on a whole bunch of other Kong ideas. But the AA drivers had been talked about on OU for the last year or so, so most everyone here had a heads up, even though it wasn't officially declared by Universal.

That was a great sequence of events for me. I first got wind of it but it was ephemeral at best... but then a frustrated person contacted me wondering if a colleague was pulling his leg to which I replied, "So, they ARE doing it!". I love moments like that. :)

I'm curious now to see what happens if an AA driver is talking and then someone stands up in the middle of one of their bits. Will it wait to finish speaking its line? Or will it ruin the ride experience and break to say please sit down. And in that case will the ride come to a complete stop, or will the ride keep moving and then be off timing on its lines for the ride? Will it be able to reset to where it left off before telling a guest to sit down. From what I hear the story is disjointed anyway.

For some reason I'm reminded of GTA 5's story mode, when you're driving one of the characters around and they're telling a story....if you do something crazy, they'll stop mid-sentence and continue their sentence like a real person would...quite well done.

Reactions: Ryno27
They should have the AA turn around and imitate an evil robocop voice (forgot what they called them, the big bad robot robocop had to fight), pick up a gatling gun from the seat next to his, point it at the guilty party: I want you to sit down, you have 5 seconds to comply :)

They could have a variety of taxi drivers from sci-fi movies of the '80s, like Johnny Cab from Total Recall and Edward James Olmos in Blade Runner.

For some reason I'm reminded of GTA 5's story mode, when you're driving one of the characters around and they're telling a story....if you do something crazy, they'll stop mid-sentence and continue their sentence like a real person would...quite well done.

Yeah but once you get to the destination on your map they quit whatever they're saying if they dont have enough time to finish.