Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 510 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just don't listen to anything that you personally feel is improbable or overhyped. While I loved (what I saw) of the ride, there were SO many things on this website that were blown so out of proportion that it's hilarious to even think about. "Scariest ride of all time", "the tour guides will die", "many scare actors", "the mummies jump on your vehicles!!!" Blah blah and blaaaahhh. This is a thing that will happen time and time again with upcoming rides. Fiction is far more interesting than fact, especially when we don't know which is which
I remember running Kong, lol. That one was crushed quickly though. I also remember talks of an AA with KUKAs for arms that I assumed would be Kong but in hindsight was probably talking about whatever nabbed the driver all along.

Reactions: Cole and Ryno27
And I see the merits of these points. But I believe the queue is intended as part of the attraction and foreboding.

Completely agree, serves the same purpose as (Orlando) Pirates. And I think does that very well.

However, I have NEVER concentrated on the plot of an attraction. I believe the show seems short because it is too compelling for its own good. The 360 part could go on for an additional 5 minutes and no one would complain. But, it doesn't.

That's a good point. But I think it's so much better than the opening scenes it makes them pale by comparison. Again, a slow burn build would help that.

Reactions: Ryno27
i tend to concur...they are reaching the point (please dont read more into this than it is) like Disney where they can affod to punt and rely on recent reputation....it couldnt go on this way 4ever but im appreciative

Let me say that next years additions IN THE PARKS are a little lackluster, but there are plenty of unannounced projects, Nintendo, and the 3rd gate. Im suggesting it sounds like they're adding every year but devoting resources to larger projects later on (and that also align with SWL opening).

Let me say that next years additions IN THE PARKS are a little lackluster, but there are plenty of unannounced projects, Nintendo, and the 3rd gate. Im suggesting it sounds like they're adding every year but devoting resources to larger projects later on (and that also align with SWL opening).
Well he once again said that a lot of good stuff has been cut from Nintendo.

Reactions: Cole
Not sure why all the hate for the left side of the vehicle. I rode on the left side in the third row, and it was incredible! The first scene with giant bats happens on the left. The bug pit seemed more realistic to me as seen from the left. And the 360 scene gave me the ground collapsing and a V-rex on vines biting at my face with spit flying. I honestly think the only thing that's actually better on the right is the Kong AA, and he still looked pretty incredible from where I was sitting. I mean, we're talking a nominal difference in show from side to side... Now the front row, with that grand view of the back of the cab... that's a different story.

Sorry been too busy to post this earlier and not sure if we actually got confirmation, but is that stage-thing near the outdoor ride portion gonna be for the media event, or grand opening or something? It looks like a perch where media can get good photos I'm thinking.

00841.MTS_.Still037.jpg

00841.MTS_.Still039.jpg

It's pretty visible when walking through outdoor queue
00838.MTS_.Still060.jpg

I'm just hoping it's temporary, and given that it has cloth on it, I'm fairly certain it is. Thoughts?

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
Sorry been too busy to post this earlier and not sure if we actually got confirmation, but is that stage-thing near the outdoor ride portion gonna be for the media event, or grand opening or something? It looks like a perch where media can get good photos I'm thinking.

00841.MTS_.Still037.jpg

00841.MTS_.Still039.jpg

It's pretty visible when walking through outdoor queue
00838.MTS_.Still060.jpg

I'm just hoping it's temporary, and given that it has cloth on it, I'm fairly certain it is. Thoughts?

That's for the media event.

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
Teebin and Mad Dog aren't exactly wrong. I can't count the number of times I have seen a quoted post of his on those forums, just to go back and find the original and it had been so heavily edited after the fact that the information presented was completely different and contradicting what was originally posted.

And I'm sorry, but many of those "cut" Kong ride scenes seem very unrealistic. A high speed chance sequence through the forest? In all practical sets? Yes, the show building is big, but it's not THAT big that such a scene could be realistic, and they used pretty much every ounce of land that was available. Sounds to me he may have mistaken, or is trying to pass of, blue sky 'what if' ideas that were never in real consideration as realistic possible additions to the ride in an attempt to lambast it it for "cuts". I mean, we all knew about the "driver getting snatched" idea. Teebin had long ago confirmed that it was during initial "idea" phases but never made it past that. How could it have been cut due to budget if it never made it beyond the initial "idea" phase of the ride?
:thumbsup:

Not sure why all the hate for the left side of the vehicle. I rode on the left side in the third row, and it was incredible! The first scene with giant bats happens on the left. The bug pit seemed more realistic to me as seen from the left. And the 360 scene gave me the ground collapsing and a V-rex on vines biting at my face with spit flying. I honestly think the only thing that's actually better on the right is the Kong AA, and he still looked pretty incredible from where I was sitting. I mean, we're talking a nominal difference in show from side to side... Now the front row, with that grand view of the back of the cab... that's a different story.

I totally agree with this. Absolutely loved my experience on the left side and the distance for what's happening on the other side's screens DOES make it look more realistic. Plus when you feel the insane motion of Kong jumping over the vehicle and showing up on the other side of the screen, it's just awesome. I think you do get a fair amount of action on both sides, but the right side does seem to be the best side for those who want a closer look at the AAs.