Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 525 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's actually Gorilla tape hahaha,

we have fun here

Someone explain the "praying mantis door" to me, Is that the main temple door?

I think with the oversize eyes and the mouth below it kinda looks like a mantis. Never heard that til the post above though. Doors work well now, it was blowing pretty good up there and they were still opening and closing normally

Think they were referring to doors on trucks as they have an odd opening mechanism. The TMs have been checking them manually every time they open before loading with odd looking long staffs with padded hook on end they use to pull on them once open, and upon unloading have to check them before you are able to exit vehicle.

Yeah, can i ask why that is? I think I remember reading why they did it exactly, but I forget. I do like how they integrated it into the ride, though.

I always thought the door mechanism looked odd. They are putting an extreme amount of stress of the yoke hinge at the top.

But the several hydraulics up top I think would of handled the door weight fairly easy.

Reactions: Ryno27
I am wondering with the stage gone if they are just not going to do a grand opening. I mean if you were even a month from now, why not just keep the stage there?

Was just told by a staff that she was just in the control center and apparently it will not be soft opening today... :(

Just walked past and they told us to go ride something else then check back later. I saw on Twitter somebody said they were told it won't be happening until around 7.

Just walked past and they told us to go ride something else then check back later. I saw on Twitter somebody said they were told it won't be happening until around 7.
They were telling me 7 earlier than they told us if we were to wait for Kong that we would have to wait by the sprinkler/bridge by Toon Lagoon and than I asked the staff waiting there about it and that was the girl who told me it was not going to open. I just walked back and she is gone and I saw a few people walking through the line but I don't know, she could have just been telling me so that I don't wait.

They were telling me 7 earlier than they told us if we were to wait for Kong that we would have to wait by the sprinkler/bridge by Toon Lagoon and than I asked the staff waiting there about it and that was the girl who told me it was not going to open. I just walked back and she is gone and I saw a few people walking through the line but I don't know, she could have just been telling me so that I don't wait.

If there are guests in the queue go to the front gate. If they have the Technical Rehersal signs out go on in and enjoy the ride

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S