Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 610 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We rode this on three occasions while we were up there. I really enjoyed the ride, but it did take my 2nd ride before I really appreciated it and I can see how this ride has a great re ride ability to it.

We had two different drives (the native girl and then one of the guys twice). There is soooo much going on in the 360 room so I am sure I will notice more on future rides. I think for my first ride, I had just been waiting too long to experience the ride.

I just find it odd that I didn't even notice all the wind effects on my first run, but they really nailed it with the feeling of movement! Anyway, I think the folks on the ride with you can also add to the enjoyment as one of our rides had a lot of guest screaming, ducking, and just being surprised by the action. It really upped the level of the attraction for me on that run through, just seeing/hearing the reactions of other guest on the truck.

Kong is great for rerides. There is so much to see you can focus on something different every time. The witch room never gets old. The AA Kong is a perfect end to the ride.
Yep, that's the strength of the attraction, and the main reason lots of re rides are needed to do a true evaluation of the ride portion. On the first ride, a rider is really only experiencing a small portion of what there is to see, feel & experience. And once you know what to look for, the experience gets better. The action is just so fast paced it goes by in a blur. I think that's why some feel the ride is short even though at 6:19 it's quite long for a ride of this type. Fast, fast, fast action.

On the last run I finally got to sit on the right side of the vehicle for the first time. Never noticed the giant Spider til now. Got to look down in the pit Kong is in at the end. He is built almost down to the waist.
Yeah, I didn't catch the spider until one of my last few rides, and I was on the right side a lot. Always a new surprise or two. One thing I forgot to mention in my review is that I really loved the rumbling/shaking effects of Kong going over the top of the vehicle to the other side to fight the dino. And Kong staring/roaring & the one dino staring & chomping into the truck, especially if you're sitting towards the back. Totally real !!!

As you are falling over the cliff at one point there is a giant spider coming towards you on a strand of web on the right side. Most everyone is looking to the left during that time.
That's the beauty & strength of the ride. There is so much happening "simultaneously", on both sides of the truck, that it's virtually impossible to catch all of the action on any single ride through.

As you are falling over the cliff at one point there is a giant spider coming towards you on a strand of web on the right side. Most everyone is looking to the left during that time.
The 360 room scenes reminds me of magicians, when they divert your attention to conceal what's really happening in another direction.

That's the beauty & strength of the ride. There is so much happening "simultaneously", on both sides of the truck, that it's virtually impossible to catch all of the action on any single ride through.
If you're in the 12th row it's a tiny bit possible through peripheral vision but it's not the best. Very effective at the start and in the swinging part though.

Reactions: Mad Dog
If you're in the 12th row it's a tiny bit possible through peripheral vision but it's not the best. Very effective at the start and in the swinging part though.
Yeah, that's what made the repeat rides so much fun, and so different. Every time I rode after #1,I looked in different directions from different seats, and it was like experiencing a whole different ride. It's just amazing how much simultaneous action they placed on both sides of the screens. There is something significant happening at every point on that film, not just where your eye & attention is directed by the truck movement.

Reactions: Mike S
Just got off after another great tour of Skull Island. This ride is LEGIT fun as heck, I am genuinely baffled by anyone who doesn't have a hoot just in that 360 room alone!
:thumbsup: And it just gets better & better the more times you ride it and experience all of the nuances going on in the 360 room, scenes, movements and effects.