Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since we're all comparing it to Kilimanjaro Safaris, that vehicle holds 36 per vehicle. I doubt this would be twice that size. :lol:

Amazing anouncement! The only thing that would kill this for me is if there ends up not being a giant animatronic Kong. Didn't Hate say originally, forever ago that there would be two cars to the truck, similar to the backlot trams? Maybe that is where they are getting the 72 seat count from...?

That was based on very old plans. The plans changed drastically since.

If the plans changed what does this mean for the scenes that were labelled with an A and B (4A and 4B)? I assumed that there were two scenes so that one half of the cars would go down one path and the other would go the other way, was that not the initial plan?

LISTEN TO TEEBIN YALL!!!! By the way, natives in the queue sound like the pop up ghosts in the haunted mansion. Hidden in random locations to make children cry lol. Guys, the first thing we ever knew about this ride is that AAs will be used in full force, this is the result of a bad question and an awkward answer. A truck that small (seen in the concept art) can't and won't fit 72 freakin people. It's going to have a really good capacity but that's insane on every level. Use yer minds

There was a quote on 72' tall entrance in one of the interviews. Bet that was somehow misconstrued into the 72 seats.Reporters always get some stuff wrong.

From the way they're describing the queue, it almost sounds like a terrifying experience in itself.

Like I just posted on the Parkscope twitter, the queue itself may need a chicken exit!

The only thing I can compare a lot of these details to is Indiana Jones Adventure, which is exciting. I was imagining something like this when they mentioned natives in the queue. Forgive me since I know it's the worst part of the ride and says, "We ran out of money. What do you expect?" But I still love it.

Indiana+Jones+-+0030.jpg

A lot of this reminds me of Alien Encounter. Just because your child can ride something doesn't mean your child should ride something.

I find it funny that the kind of ride so many Disney-leaning fans are asking for form Universal will turn out to be potentially terrifying.

It's like they did it on purpose.

UC1: "Hey so people say we should build a slower ride more people can ride."
UC2: "Okay, so how bout we do King Kong again?"
UC1: "Great idea! That last one wasn't too intense."
UC2: "Yea but this time we'll have giant mutant insects, hostile natives chasing you, dinosaurs trying to eat you, and a giant freaking angry Kong animatronic."
UC1: "That's not what I was thinking at all...IT'S BETTER! LET'S DO IT!"

The only thing I can compare a lot of these details to is Indiana Jones Adventure, which is exciting. I was imagining something like this when they mentioned natives in the queue. Forgive me since I know it's the worst part of the ride and says, "We ran out of money. What do you expect?" But I still love it.

Indiana+Jones+-+0030.jpg
Hey not as bad as the ghost that never worked and that strange fog projection lol

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of this reminds me of Alien Encounter. Just because your child can ride something doesn't mean your child should ride something.

Depends how badass the kid is lol. I'm so excited, besides mummy, universal really hasn't worked in the realm of scary stuff in their parks. I'm definitely curious how they are gonna pull off making something scary and lighthearted at the same time so kids don't have crying fits

- - - Updated - - -

From the way they're describing the queue, it almost sounds like a terrifying experience in itself.

Like I just posted on the Parkscope twitter, the queue itself may need a chicken exit!

I hope so too, someone (forgot who) said the queue is comparable to a tamer horror nights house.....yikes!!!

From the press release:

"It begins as guests are transported deep into a wild and mysterious world, where their mission is to discover creatures of unknown origin – but where they are soon fighting for their own survival. Their journey will take them through an ancient temple inhabited by hostile natives, a perilous jungle ruled by prehistoric creatures, a foreboding underworld of caves concealing unspeakable terrors – and face-to-face with the colossal Kong himself."

Sounds perfectly appropriate for 2 and 3 year olds...Not.