Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

"But not so thrilling that it will traumatize young children, he said. 'It was conceived for the whole family. Kids will be in awe.' Minimum height will be 34 inches, which will allow many 2- and 3-year-olds to ride.

This quote makes it sound sort of Pirates of the Caribean-ish.

The villagers happen in the queue. The outdoor queue is covered.

I knew they happened in the queue but that is good to know that the outdoor queue is covered. What are they using to cover the queue or to explain how even though we are outdoors, we are covered from inclement weather?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of static or near-static figures brought to life using projection mapping. Seems like the cross-over which ticks all the boxes to me, given the conflicting information coming out.

I still just can't wait to see the queue.

At a 34" height requirement, Skull Island will be more accessible than the Barnstormer.

f5txohj.png

well this isn't a "roller coaster"...it's a tram ride with effects, so I don't see the height requirements being much of an issue. What is Earthquakes height requirements?

Ok, so the biggest thing for me is, why are they using the Kong from Peter Jacksons King Kong, when there is a new movie coming out in 2 or so years? Won't people ask, "Hey, that isn't the Kong I just saw in theatres, what happened to that one?"

Here's the quotes from Seth's article..".Kong will come to life with a combination of largescale 3D projections (similar but not identical to the King Kong 3D feature on Univerrsal Studios Hollywood tram tour) and also-if rumors I've been told prove true-new AA's that move in surprising ways. If you've grown weary of Universal's reliance on video screens, rest assured that a substantial portion of this attraction will be based on physical sets & practical effects" Sounds great.

I may have missed this some were in this thread But 72 seat trucks ? Are the seats back to back down the middle (from front to back) and facing inboard on the outside of truck ? It doesn't look like the normal facing forward seating on most ride vehicles .

From what I've heard there will be one full size Kong AA near the end of the attraction. It'll come after the big curved screen scene (which will most likely be a T.rex fight similar to Hollywood's). He'll be full bodied, full size, which could be even more impressive than the figure from the original Kongfrontation, which was only seen from waist high.

I may have missed this some were in this thread But 72 seat trucks ? Are the seats back to back down the middle (from front to back) and facing inboard on the outside of truck ? It doesn't look like the normal facing forward seating on most ride vehicles .

There won't be 72 seats on the truck. That's 100% a mistake.

Ok, so the biggest thing for me is, why are they using the Kong from Peter Jacksons King Kong, when there is a new movie coming out in 2 or so years? Won't people ask, "Hey, that isn't the Kong I just saw in theatres, what happened to that one?"

Because I would imagine that PJ is involved with the new film as Exec Producer even though the script has be delayed over and over again. It will be the exact same Kong.

AS THIS THREAD IS BRAND NEW, PLEASE START READING FROM THE BEGINNING AS ALMOST EVERY QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED PREVIOUSLY!

We were told this is the longest ride Uni has built with the second longest being Dudley at 6 min. Didn't initial reports say that there were 7 or 8 total scenes? If so, I would imagine a minimum of one minute for each scene leading to a bare minimum 7 minute ride.

Beyond excited for this! All these new details have got me hyped beyond belief! Just wondering what Uni is going to do in regards to the name of the area. Apologies if this has been answered already, I haven't been on the forums in quite some time.

If I'm not mistaken.. if the ride vehicle holding 72 riders holds true and they dispatch one every minute, that's over 4000 riders per hour.