Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Indeed they have. As I understand it, by the end of November, we will be looking at the site and saying, "Where did everyone go?".

It will be worth it though. Because then we will be looking at all the great foliage work and after that we can start looking forward to trucks and other thematic elements making their debut.

So excited.

It will be worth it though. Because then we will be looking at all the great foliage work and after that we can start looking forward to trucks and other thematic elements making their debut.

So excited.

I can see people camping out for a glimpse of ride the ride vehicles on the outside portion!

So, I assume these new black structures are the gate supports? They are on either side.

@skubersky on twitter:
CFEBytdVIAEMChV.jpg

I decided to get some video in addition to my usual construction photographs this week. It's very exciting to see everything taking shape, especially now that we have concept art to compare it to! I assume the archway they're building near the pathway is the same one we saw in concept art last week. I made a side-by-side comparison image just for fun. More pics on my blog as well.

[video=youtube;VulyiNFl2EI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VulyiNFl2EI[/video]

kongpare.jpg

P1030861-1024x768.jpg

P1030857.jpg

P1030863-768x1024.jpg

P1030862-1024x768.jpg

P1030839-1024x768.jpg

P1030853-1024x768.jpg

P1030841-1024x768.jpg

There's more pictures posted here as well. Let me know what you think of the video! I don't do those very often.

Alicia: You did a really nice job on that video. It was cool the way you placed the conceptualized art into the video of those areas. BRAVO!!!.......Contrary to what a lot of people on the internet are saying, I believe Kong is going to give IOA a huge bump in attendance. The attraction is going to be that good.

Alicia: You did a really nice job on that video. It was cool the way you placed the conceptualized art into the video of those areas. BRAVO!!!.......Contrary to what a lot of people on the internet are saying, I believe Kong is going to give IOA a huge bump in attendance. The attraction is going to be that good.

Thanks! Feel free to share the video with everyone you know! :thumbs:

I don't know how this couldn't bring a bump up in attendance. I know locals will be excited to see Kong return to Orlando, older folks who love the old film will be interested, a whole new generation is getting to know Kong from a new film and TV show next year, and most importantly... While I was walking around the park today, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE was talking about how they can't wait for Kong to open. And everyone knew what they were building, so they have already heard about it before coming in today. It was covered by national news last week, and that's because it is, big news.

You can even hear people talking about Kong in my video, when a child asks their mom what ride that's going to be and they answer, King Kong.

Reactions: Porkchop
Wow, I just watched the video Alicia. You should get a career as a journalist photographer... you have an eye for giving us all a sense of place and perspective. The toon sign and the toon bridge shot really tells us what is going on and the size of it all. Impressed!

Wow, I just watched the video Alicia. You should get a career as a journalist photographer... you have an eye for giving us all a sense of place and perspective. The toon sign and the toon bridge shot really tells us what is going on and the size of it all. Impressed!

Thanks! I'd love to do something like that for a living. For now it's just a hobby though. I'm at the parks nearly every week anyways.

We should get Universal to at least brink back that banana breath, to honor the original USF attraction.

Psh forget the banana breath this is badass kong we got here not lame 70s kong. Alicia seriously phenomenal job, universal needs to hire you for director of photography. Like good lord they need you

Aside from banana breath, I do think this attraction would be a good opportunity to use smell canons. The smells of the musty jungle and ruins could add another layer to the immersion - I can't think of many Universal attractions which use them apart from ET.

The banana smell might keep me from riding... I dislike bananas and loathe fake banana scent. If it smells like a greenhouse and potting soil, I will be satisfied.

And also fresh chopped salad... that is what Florida smells like in the early mornings of August... maybe even now.

Last edited:
The banana smell might keep me from riding... I dislike bananas and loathe fake banana scent. If it smells like a greenhouse and potting soil, I will be satisfied.

And also fresh chopped salad... that is what Florida smells like in the early mornings of August... maybe even now.

I guess you would really dislike Despicable Me then. The Minions really really love bananas. Flash to Harry Chapin song, tons of Bananas in Scranton , Pa. (not exact title)