Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As I have previously stated, if you can get a toddler through that queue without a total meltdown then it is possible she/he can handle the ride.

Honestly, many under 2 crowd really don't have fear of things. My now 4 year old would happily go on anything until she turned 3, then she started being scared of things like Haunted Mansion. She will still go on, but she shows she is scared and talks about being scared. She wants to hold on to me and stuff. She didn't get nightmares and was scared of the dark until after she was 2. She slept in pitch black dark room until we had to get her a night lite at the age of 2 1/4. A little after she turned 2 1/2 is when she started waking up with bad dreams and needing snuggled. It was between 2 1/2 and 3 when she started to have a healthy fear of scary rides and things.

Reactions: Cole
Ouch to all the stationary parts, I know they'll be action packed but still, less screens the better. Whatever though 360 was awesome, I'm sure this will blow it out of the water

Honestly, many under 2 crowd really don't have fear of things. My now 4 year old would happily go on anything until she turned 3, then she started being scared of things like Haunted Mansion. She will still go on, but she shows she is scared and talks about being scared. She wants to hold on to me and stuff. She didn't get nightmares and was scared of the dark until after she was 2. She slept in pitch black dark room until we had to get her a night lite at the age of 2 1/4. A little after she turned 2 1/2 is when she started waking up with bad dreams and needing snuggled. It was between 2 1/2 and 3 when she started to have a healthy fear of scary rides and things.

That makes sense. I would have had a meltdown on many of these rides from 3-10. I was a cute child mess...

Reactions: Mad Dog
That makes sense. I would have had a meltdown on many of these rides from 3-10. I was a cute child mess...

I was meant to be going with my parents and wife's parents next year and I was dreading it as I had a massive freak out on the original Kong when I was about 4 and every year they would ask if I was ok to go back on it, this got really annoying when I was 10 and I know if they were coming next year, they would constantly say it.

I believe my original quote was: "I don't like that big monkey" with tears streaming down my face.

Any talk as to when a soft opening would begin next year? Got our trip book already and I hope we make it there in time
Depends when you booked it. I have no inside info but my guess is there's a small chance in April, good chance in May, and highly likely if not officially open in June.

Depends when you booked it. I have no inside info but my guess is there's a small chance in April, good chance in May, and highly likely if not officially open in June.

The chance is at least looking good for on time because a very unthemed version of the ride vehicle started making spins around the inside track very recently. And yes, I mean the unmanned version. :)

From
https://twitter.com/OrlandoInformer
CVLDbFCUAAIW-MW.jpg

CVLDbE7UwAEYMm4.jpg

Last edited: