Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 190 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here you go. :)

P340_ride_track_zpsds8rbeof.jpg

While I'm certainly not saying that I've seen those mysterious blueprints floating around (wink wink), I would say this is missing a little detour, amirite?

P340_ride_track_zpsds8rbeof.jpg

Reactions: Stitchie and Ryno27
In the video you can see the vehicle slows down dramatically to a crawl when it enters the temple.

I also think it's going to have like 3 mins of load/unload timed in. The closest vehicles in size are Energy's (each holds 99 people theoretically) and that gives 3 mins to both load and unload. Multiples of 30/90 tend to be used for load times. So if you have 3 mins split into two 90's you have 1 loading, 1 unloading, one waiting or returning, and two actively in the track for the five. That puts the capacity at a much more typical 1440 per hour.

Or maybe they'd go 1min for each to get 2160 which is an entirely typical hourly capacity level (things above 2000 are usually considered excessive - the park would need to jump up near Epcot DisneySea or Magic Kingdom in attendance to justify it.)

In the video you can see the vehicle slows down dramatically to a crawl when it enters the temple.

I also think it's going to have like 3 mins of load/unload timed in. The closest vehicles in size are Energy's (each holds 99 people theoretically) and that gives 3 mins to both load and unload. Multiples of 30/90 tend to be used for load times. So if you have 3 mins split into two 90's you have 1 loading, 1 unloading, one waiting or returning, and two actively in the track for the five. That puts the capacity at a much more typical 1440 per hour.

Or maybe they'd go 1min for each to get 2160 which is an entirely typical hourly capacity level (things above 2000 are usually considered excessive - the park would need to jump up near Epcot DisneySea or Magic Kingdom in attendance to justify it.)

UOE's load isn't the same, here you are directed into rows and then one vehicle 72 at a time. UOE has at least 5 vehicles arranged and guests are let in to free for all sitting down. I think a more applicable situation would be Kilimanjaro Safaris. I'm willing to bet a two minute unload/load is what we're going to get.

Reactions: Ryan
Me personally, still not buying the 6 minute thing. Fast as that car was moving on the videos, it should be a breeze. All the more reason for people like myself to just wait until the ride is open to be concerned with anything I have and never will have any control over . Telling myself to enjoy it no matter the length.
That six minutes ride time was from Universal Creative in an interview. So it's pretty solid. don't know for sure but I would think there's a couple of stops , or slowdowns at the least, through portions.

I don't think they'd actually fulfill that request. But I saw somebody did a calculation a few pages back. 72 people on each bus. Times 5. 360. 360 times 6 minutes (speculated ride time) 2160 people. So this attraction will take 4320 people an hour (approximately). I don't know if it would make much of a dent in the flow. I could be wrong though.
While I do not know precisely what they are up to, I believe you can stop looking forward to animatronics in the RVs.
But will....

...each driver still meet a different death by a different creature?

Energy is similar in having synchronized film segments playing for multiple parties for a seamless viewing. I didn't carbon copy the time needed to load because it has other difference - but Kilimanjaro is free form in its dispatch other than some basic spacing.

Kong can't be going whenever a vehicle is ready like Kilimanjaro is. It needs to have time between for films to cycle. It's not exactly the same as the old days when film literally had to rewind (thus stopped simulators can't restart immediately) but to keep the show elements correct it needs a set dispatch interval.

Having two in two out one waiting for half or a third of the total ride time works to control that.

Reactions: Ryno27
Energy is similar in having synchronized film segments playing for multiple parties for a seamless viewing. I didn't carbon copy the time needed to load because it has other difference - but Kilimanjaro is free form in its dispatch other than some basic spacing.

Kong can't be going whenever a vehicle is ready like Kilimanjaro is. It needs to have time between for films to cycle. It's not exactly the same as the old days when film literally had to rewind (thus stopped simulators can't restart immediately) but to keep the show elements correct it needs a set dispatch interval.

Having two in two out one waiting for half or a third of the total ride time works to control that.

I see where you're coming from, sorry for taking the post too literal.

I imagine there will always be two cars approaching unload, at unload, moving to load, at load, or dispatching from load.

Combine this with one vehicle outside, one vehicle in room one for show scenes 3 and 4, one vehicle in 360* for scene 5, then one vehicle in scene 6 for Kong.

I can imagine they'd double stack scenes 3 and 4 if need be when the exterior track isn't used due to weather.

Most of Universal's new attractions are in those 2000 per hr. ranges, FJ, Transformers, HE, Gringotts. Only DM, which used a previous ride's system has low capacity. I would guess Universal is committed to high capacity attractions.

Double stack? What do you mean?

Words aren't my strong suit today! I mean scenes 3 and 4 seem to share one room, it's possible during 'normal' operations when the vehicles go outside that only one ride vehicle will be in that room for two show scenes. But if the exterior part is cut out that could change to two vehicles in the room, one for each show scene.

Words aren't my strong suit today! I mean scenes 3 and 4 seem to share one room, it's possible during 'normal' operations when the vehicles go outside that only one ride vehicle will be in that room for two show scenes. But if the exterior part is cut out that could change to two vehicles in the room, one for each show scene.
Why not just slow it down to what the speed for the other indoor scenes are in the bypass?

Most of Universal's new attractions are in those 2000 per hr. ranges, FJ, Transformers, HE, Gringotts. Only DM, which used a previous ride's system has low capacity. I would guess Universal is committed to high capacity attractions.

FJ has a little poster to commemorate the only day/hour they ever reached operational capacity.

Remember that the high end is almost always a mythical theoretical number.

Reactions: Ryan and Eckert
I still don't get why it cant go outside the majority of the time. I'd imagine it'd need to be a deluge of epic proportions to really hav any effect on those vehicles and it's covered so i don't get it at all.. Seems excessive.

FJ has a little poster to commemorate the only day/hour they ever reached operational capacity.

Remember that the high end is almost always a mythical theoretical number.
Sure, but that's the case with all attractions in all parks. Example: A ride with 2200 capacity per hour will fluctuate a bit lower depending on transports used, employees staffed etc. A ride with 1200 per hour will perform the same. But, just about under any scenario, that 1200 per hr. attraction, even at peak usage, will never approach even a decreased capacity of the 2200 per hr, attraction. Bottom line is that Universal seems committed to building attractions that have high capacity by theme park standards.