Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 337 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey! After months of just reading the forums I've decided to take part in it. My friend Kimani's dad is the construction manager for Reign Of Kong. And according to him. This ride is not opening any time soon. A combination of miscommunication and Technical problems led to the delay. Which will be a lengthy one. I'm excited to be here on the forums! And I can't wait to post more updates.

Welcome! :cheers:

Reactions: Mike S
The entire thing has been animated from scratch. You can't just throw an old ride film that literally has nothing to do with the new attraction outside of a big ape and dinosaurs into a massive new attraction.

It's like people expect to see the USH tram in the video as you do in Hollywood... Not to mention the truck is far shorter. You can't just re-edit that sort of thing.
I wouldn't say the whole thing was animated from scratch, could be, but why? I took a tour of Pixar about 5 years ago (they normally don't let anyone see anything, but I know people ;)). Anyway, an animator literally, in about 30 seconds, replaced Woody's head with Buzz's (with Woody's body), for a 6 minute clip. That was 5 years ago. You think they can't replace the tram with the new ride vehicle? It's way easier than you think. Now obviouly the ride film will be longer and probably not remotely similar, but they will have at least shared digital assets.

Hey! After months of just reading the forums I've decided to take part in it. My friend Kimani's dad is the construction manager for Reign Of Kong. And according to him. This ride is not opening any time soon. A combination of miscommunication and Technical problems led to the delay. Which will be a lengthy one. I'm excited to be here on the forums! And I can't wait to post more updates.

Welcome to the forums, heads up that Universal does read the forums so don't post anything that'll get your friend's dad fired!

I'm still mixed on what's happening with Kong, I've heard so many things I'm not sure myself. My gut tells me we'll be lucky to get softs before Memorial Day weekend.

I wasn't around for that mess. How long was Gringotts delayed for, before it finally opened to the public?

The plan was to have the ride up by June for softs and grand opening. Ride was barely functional for grand opening and we know how things went July 8th...

Welcome to the forums, heads up that Universal does read the forums so don't post anything that'll get your friend's dad fired!

I'm still mixed on what's happening with Kong, I've heard so many things I'm not sure myself. My gut tells me we'll be lucky to get softs before Memorial Day weekend.

The plan was to have the ride up by June for softs and grand opening. Ride was barely functional for grand opening and we know how things went July 8th...

What would be your best guess on when Kong will be open to the public and I don't mean softs.

I think tomorrow we'll find out the opening date for ROK. But what curious me more than anything is that if we'll see another glimpse of the Kong AA tomorrow..which would make me think that not only Myth Explorer and Kongs opening date would be shown..but possibly something else.