Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 514 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OU shouldn't have problems with descriptions. It is all that I hand out here after all. AND OF COURSE, I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN ANYTHING! :sneak: So, descriptions seem to fly high.
So how would you describe the scenes that were "cut" other than that pretty self explanatory V-Rex eating the driver.

Not a problem!

How true, I've been on 8 times since opening and have probably stood in that line for a total of six or so hours. So it's time for a break!
Chris: Does the attraction experience seem much different now that you've been on it so many times? For better or worse ? How many rides were close to 100% and how many were technically deficient? :)

Reactions: ChrisM and Mike S
Chris: Does the attraction experience seem much different now that you've been on it so many times? For better or worse ? How many rides were close to 100% and how many were technically deficient? :)

For a quick review

Well, only two of the eight rides were clear of technical difficulties. However on those two rides we had to take the bypass because of weather (I consider that B-mode, but not a malfunction). The problems ranged from complete e-stops and prolonged downtime (about 5-8 minutes sitting in the vehicle before resuming), screens not syncing with vehicle movement, causing delays and the omission of the scene (I think it was only the bug pit scene), Kong AA not moving and sitting in the dark.

The first ride (on the first day of public softs, maybe around 6:30) was almost flawless until we were entering the Kong AA scene. We E-stopped for a bit, then passed by Kong who was doing his routine, but with no audio. I still really enjoyed the ride and was very impressed by the AA, I asked for the right side of the truck and the team member hooked me up with row 6 right side (a very good seat).

My last ride so far, which was last night, also went very smoothly. I did have to use the restroom pretty badly after standing in line for about 90 minutes. (I should have used it beforehand haha) So I couldn't concentrate as well. However I still enjoyed it very much.

My favorite parts are, of course, passing by the big guy himself. In addition to it being remarkable in itself, it reminds me of Kongfrontation bringing back a ton of memories. I also like entering the 360 room. It's very striking entering the dense jungle surrounded by the sights, sounds and scents of Skull Island, I love it!

So I definitely haven't tired of it, and look forward to riding it many more times!

Last edited:
For a quick review

Well, only two of the eight rides were clear of technical difficulties. However on those two rides we had to take the bypass because of weather (I consider that B-mode, but not a malfunction). The problems ranged from complete e-stops and prolonged downtime (about 5-8 minutes sitting in the vehicle before resuming), screens not syncing with vehicle movement, causing delays and the omission of the scene (I think it was only the bug pit scene), Kong AA not moving and sitting in the dark.

The first ride (on the first day of public softs, maybe around 6:30) was almost flawless until we were entering the Kong AA scene. We E-stopped for a bit, then passed by Kong who was doing his routine, but with no audio. I still really enjoyed the ride and was very impressed by the AA, I asked for the right side of the truck and the team member hooked me up with row 6 right side (a very good seat).

My last ride so far, which was last night, also went very smoothly. I did have to use the restroom pretty badly after standing in line for about 90 minutes. (I should have used it beforehand haha) So I couldn't concentrate as well. However I still enjoyed it very much.

My favorite parts are, of course, passing by the big guy himself. In addition to it being remarkable in itself, it reminds me of Kongfrontation bringing back a ton of memories. I also like entering the 360 room. It's very striking entering the dense jungle surrounded by the sights, sounds and scents of Skull Island, I love it!

So I definitely haven't tired of it, and look forward to riding it many more times!
There is a seperate thread for Reviews, Photos, and Videos: Skull Island: Reign of Kong - Reviews, Photos, and Videos | Orlando United Forums

For a quick review

Thanks very much for your thoughts & observations. :thumbsup: Bathroom trips, my bane, since once you get over 50, you have to go all the time. :) Sounds like the Kong AA will be a memorable experience for many, especially the young ones, for many Years. That's what will help to make it a future park icon, I would guess.

Just posted by whylightbulb on Magic. How could they possibly have pulled THIS off? Feel free to take it down mods if you feel that way.

*image removed obviously* -tt321
*the image was a V-Rex eating the driver* -Mike S :shifty:
Just browsing over Magic, slumming it for a while. :lol: Anyway, I saw a real interesting comment by OU poster Disneyhead. Something I had never seen before. He said that when Universal ran the above idea to OSHA, that OSHA would not approve of it due to potential dangers involved. Just thought I would bring that up since I've not seen that before.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
hmmm maybe I'm actually the bulb himself.
That's what I was thinking anyway since previous posts of yours backed him up. Well,if that's the case , ;) leave me ask you a question. Why do you only come around a few times a year, post some stuff, and then "cry" that you're fearful they'll know who you are, and then take down or alter your posts. And why do you scream "budget cuts', when they're not budget cuts, they're only differences in planning stage pitches, of which it sounds like you have vested interests? Sounds either troll like, or you're trying to make yourself feel important. :lol:

Reactions: Teebin and Mike S