Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Wouldn't be surprised to see them pushed to December. Both Infinity Wars should be massive throughout the months of May, so Disney probably wouldn't want to risk lower returns on either franchise.

I'd think that they'd also want to have it due to the box office that both Rogue One and Force Awakens have received.

I think they will keep pushing things to December until Avatar actually gets moving and gets a firmer release date. Then, it'll be interesting to see who budges.

I have a feeling that any SW movies that is announced for any date that is not Dec will see it pushed back to Dec so they keep a consistent run of the movies coming out every Dec.

I think they will keep pushing things to December until Avatar actually gets moving and gets a firmer release date. Then, it'll be interesting to see who budges.
Star Wars is a much larger IP than Avatar so I can't see Fox or James Cameron wanting any Avatar sequels going up against it.

I see Avatar trying to take the spot occupied by Fantastic Beasts in 2016 as it's far enough away from any Star Wars movie that it shouldn't make a difference in performance.

So weird to exit a production during shooting. You usually exit during the writing of the screenplay. One more reason for a movie to not have two directors.

I would disagree, as Anthony and Joe Russo are great examples of Director pairings done rather well with Marvel's well trusted characters, and that they are directing two Avenger films.

Huh, that's...um...I don't really have words. I mean, this is crazy. I also lost a lot of interest in seeing this movie now.

If they are going to bring a sudden director to finish shooting, I'm wondering if they may bring someone like Dave Filoni to finish work.

Infinity War is a movie that needs two directors with a cast of over 30 characters.

And that before Infinity War, they handled Captain America Winter Solider and Civil War, with high critical and commercial success.

Once Again, I do believe that they'll find a Director for finishing Solo production by D23, but I expect a bump of release for the film now, to Late Summer or December.

I would disagree, as Anthony and Joe Russo are great examples of Director pairings done rather well with Marvel's well trusted characters, and that they are directing two Avenger films.

If they are going to bring a sudden director to finish shooting, I'm wondering if they may bring someone like Dave Filoni to finish work.
There's something weird I remember hearing a long while back. Basically, union rules say that a director has to actually direct a certain portion of a film in order for his/her name to be listed as the director. Otherwise, they're a co-director. I'm not sure how you measure that, but if true, there could be a lot of footage thrown away.

Maybe. I could just be misattributing a quote too.

With a cast of heavyweights like Thandie Newton, Donald Glover, and Emilia Clarke, I have trouble believing that acting is the trouble. Not to mention that reshoots would solve that particular problem relatively quickly. If I had to guess, Lord and Miller had a different idea for what the film's tone should be than what Disney executives probably wanted. Regardless, Rogue One had a bit of a troubled production and that film turned out fine. I suspect the same will go for this movie.

With a cast of heavyweights like Thandie Newton, Donald Glover, and Emilia Clarke, I have trouble believing that acting is the trouble. Not to mention that reshoots would solve that particular problem relatively quickly. If I had to guess, Lord and Miller had a different idea for what the film's tone should be than what Disney executives probably wanted. Regardless, Rogue One had a bit of a troubled production and that film turned out fine. I suspect the same will go for this movie.

Emilia Clarke is not that good. The other two sure. It looks like Ron Howard is top choice for director replacement.
Ron Howard Top Choice To Take Over Han Solo Film | Deadline