Spectromagic is Officially Retired | Inside Universal Forums

Spectromagic is Officially Retired

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 10, 2012
Brooklyn NY
From Thrillgeek:

After being speculated that the parade that has performed at the Magic Kingdom for over 20 years was being dismantled for retirement, the truth was released by a Disney Spokesperson that the parade has officially been retired from the park. Some of the floats will be recycled for other uses, although which ones will be saved are not known at this time.

SpectroMagic made its debut in the Magic Kingdom back on October 1, 1991. The parade then took a slight break beginning in 1999 for a few years and then returned only to be retired officially on June 5, 2010. The Main Street Electrical Parade has been filling in for SpectroMagic since its retirement last year.

That sucks, I remember working this a lot but I always enjoyed myself and the parade. Actually the one parade I could stand working. Sad.

I loved spectro, the music takes me back. I'm not a huge fan of the Main Street electrical parade.... Lets hope they're working on something wonderful to replace it full time.

[video=youtube;ee925OTFBCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA[/video]

This sucks. At least I still have the full music for it on my ITouch