Spider-Man: Far From Home | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: Far From Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Non-spoilery Spoiler:
"The Blip" creates way too many plot holes for the couple jokes it gives. E.g. why is the 21 y.o. still in high school? And are there no stat rape laws anymore?

Because they aren't 21. They may have been born 21 years ago - but they haven't matured to an actual 21-year-old. They are still 15-17 years old.

Reactions: Ryan
Non-spoiler: Just saw it. Not my absolute favorite Spidey movie as Spider-man 2 will never be topped, but this is way better than Homecoming. It has some pacing issues as it was a bit light on action, but what fight sequences they had were great. Some people said it was kind of bland and I can see why. It's good for what it is, but it felt weird coming off the heels of Endgame.

The illusion scenes with Mysterio were fantastic. Reminded me a lot of the old cartoon show. They did a great job conveying Mysterio as the master of illusion. Jake really killed it for that role as a mad pathological deceiver. The MCU has a terrible habit of eagerly killing off their villains. I was really bummed to see Mysterio die (Or did he?). But what he did to Peter in the post-credits scene has really justified him being one of the better MCU villains.

Holy crap, probably one of my favorite post-credit MCU scenes ever. Mysterio revealing Peter's identity is really going to make the next standalone insane. Now the entire world knows who he is. That is going to raise the stakes like CRAZY. When JJJ was revealed as JK Simmons, I literally got up and yelled, "YES!!!" This has been on my wish list for the MCU to do for a long time. NO ONE can replace Jk as JJJ. Glad they listened to the fans! I love how they have him as the MCU "Alex Jones" figure like the video game.

Also the Skrull plot twist at the very end. Glad I saw Captain Marvel. Who knows how long Fury has been up there and what this will mean going forward.

Really hope in the next sequel they can work Dare Devil and/or Wilson Fisk in there. Fisk has always been a big Spider-man villain. Now with Peter's identity revealed, that would be crazy. Imagine if Fisk is the one to kill off Aunt May or even MJ, how that would affect him. Just wishful thinking here.
Endgame may be done, but the MCU is just gettin' warmed up!

This was just great. The only minor complaint I have is that they didn't really have joke-riffing Spidey like Homecoming did, but like this is a really tiny nitpick. Otherwise I had a blast watching it, and that mid-credits scene was god-tier.

Reactions: HereWeGo
Because they aren't 21. They may have been born 21 years ago - but they haven't matured to an actual 21-year-old. They are still 15-17 years old.

Not Peter/Ned/BettyMJ/Flash--which, btw, with May as well, is incredible odds for every major Spidey character to be Blipped. I meant the romantic rival for MJ who "glowed up" during the Blip. By the movie's own logic, he's a 21 y.o. macking on a 16 y.o. high school junior.

But ultimately if the first two acts were interesting, I wouldn't be sitting there wondering about all this.

Obviously won't get into it, but those were the best post credit scenes ever for the MCU. And its no disrespect to the film itself because it was a BLAST, but MAN those post credit scenes. Wow.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Not Peter/Ned/BettyMJ/Flash--which, btw, with May as well, is incredible odds for every major Spidey character to be Blipped. I meant the romantic rival for MJ who "glowed up" during the Blip. By the movie's own logic, he's a 21 y.o. macking on a 16 y.o. high school junior.

But ultimately if the first two acts were interesting, I wouldn't be sitting there wondering about all this.

He was younger at the time of the Blip. They mention him specifically in the morning announcements how awkward it was that cute, little Brad Davis grew up into this popular teenager that's now their age.

Non-spoiler: Just saw it. Not my absolute favorite Spidey movie as Spider-man 2 will never be topped, but this is way better than Homecoming. It has some pacing issues as it was a bit light on action, but what fight sequences they had were great. Some people said it was kind of bland and I can see why. It's good for what it is, but it felt weird coming off the heels of Endgame.

The illusion scenes with Mysterio were fantastic. Reminded me a lot of the old cartoon show. They did a great job conveying Mysterio as the master of illusion. Jake really killed it for that role as a mad pathological deceiver. The MCU has a terrible habit of eagerly killing off their villains. I was really bummed to see Mysterio die (Or did he?). But what he did to Peter in the post-credits scene has really justified him being one of the better MCU villains.

Holy crap, probably one of my favorite post-credit MCU scenes ever. Mysterio revealing Peter's identity is really going to make the next standalone insane. Now the entire world knows who he is. That is going to raise the stakes like CRAZY. When JJJ was revealed as JK Simmons, I literally got up and yelled, "YES!!!" This has been on my wish list for the MCU to do for a long time. NO ONE can replace Jk as JJJ. Glad they listened to the fans! I love how they have him as the MCU "Alex Jones" figure like the video game.

Also the Skrull plot twist at the very end. Glad I saw Captain Marvel. Who knows how long Fury has been up there and what this will mean going forward.

Really hope in the next sequel they can work Dare Devil and/or Wilson Fisk in there. Fisk has always been a big Spider-man villain. Now with Peter's identity revealed, that would be crazy. Imagine if Fisk is the one to kill off Aunt May or even MJ, how that would affect him. Just wishful thinking here.
Endgame may be done, but the MCU is just gettin' warmed up!

I don't get all the love for Spider-Man 2. It's okay, but it's nothing special. ITSV and Homecoming were both better than that movie (I haven't seen FFH yet)

Reactions: Legacy
:/... I preferred when Spider-Man was actually a bit more smaller scale and relatable.... that said movie was decent.. but ugh, so much I disliked...

Mysterio is amazing though. One of my personal favorite Spidey villains and theyre 2 for two so far.

Probably my third favorite Spider-Man movie after Spider-Man 2 and ITSV, and my god they just nailed Mysterio. Props to Jake Gyllenhaal for pulling that off. Also, without spoiling anything, the mid credits scene was so satisfying, I can’t believe it’s something that’s actually real.

Loved the movie.

I really hope Mysterio is still alive. I hate this kill the villain after one movie BS. The Vulture is still alive and would be great for Mysterio to join him.

I doubt that the master of illusions is dead. If anything, they’re setting up the sinister six.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Loved the movie.

I really hope Mysterio is still alive. I hate this kill the villain after one movie BS. The Vulture is still alive and would be great for Mysterio to join him.

:eek:O:
"I hate this kill the villain after one movie BS. "

"The Vulture is still alive"

They've shown if the villain serves a later purpose, they'll keep him alive (Loki, Thanos, Vulture, Gen. Ross - jury is still out on Zemo and Yon-Rogg). Keeping a villain alive for the sake of not killing him off is just fan-service.

I doubt that the master of illusions is dead. If anything, they’re setting up the sinister six.

I think he's dead. I doubt his illusions could trick EDITH, who confirms he's dead and "all illusions" are off. I also think Mysterio's death closes the Stark storyline for good.

Loved the movie.

To me, Far From Home seemed like a great wrap-up of most of the Stark story, and filling in loose ends from past films with the past.

Now, could I see some of the members of the Mysterio crew come back if OSCORP arrives to the MCU? I highly think so.

__

As a spoiler thought for what happens after this,

With Peter being framed for the murder of Quinton, part of me think's it's actually a perfect way to incorporate Venom into the MCU.

I legitimately think they have a really good window of opportunity to bring Venom 2 to connect with the MCU, by having part of the story revolving on Brock finding a running Peter Parker to protect his family and friends from those who'd go after them to get to Peter. And it seems like Sony has had the interest to incorporate Spider-Man to the Venom storyline with Venom 2 as per interviews have suggested.

Reactions: Freak
To me, Far From Home seemed like a great wrap-up of most of the Stark story, and filling in loose ends from past films with the past.

Now, could I see some of the members of the Mysterio crew come back if OSCORP arrives to the MCU? I highly think so.

__

As a spoiler thought for what happens after this,

With Peter being framed for the murder of Quinton, part of me think's it's actually a perfect way to incorporate Venom into the MCU.

I legitimately think they have a really good window of opportunity to bring Venom 2 to connect with the MCU, by having part of the story revolving on Brock finding a running Peter Parker to protect his family and friends from those who'd go after them to get to Peter. And it seems like Sony has had the interest to incorporate Spider-Man to the Venom storyline with Venom 2 as per interviews have suggested.
i want Venom in the MCU, but I don’t think the current incarnation of Eddie Brock works. It’s just too....goofy. I really hope Feige can twist Sony’s arm into doing a new Venom because that’s really the only way they can make it work. Now that the whole multi-verse aspect has proven to be baloney, they can’t make Venom work without the inconsistencies from that “universe”.

i want Venom in the MCU, but I don’t think the current incarnation of Eddie Brock works. It’s just too....goofy. I really hope Feige can twist Sony’s arm into doing a new Venom because that’s really the only way they can make it work. Now that the whole multi-verse aspect has proven to be baloney, they can’t make Venom work without the inconsistencies from that “universe”.

I love the Eddie Brock that Tom did. I'll be the weird one, and say that when you consider all of the odd-ball characters that have been played in the MCU, Brock would fit in a lot better than some would think. Especially when a fellow Tom is paired with the other Tom; it could lead to some real gold.

Plus, one of the benefits I remember from Venom (if my memory isn't too hazy), is that they didn't put a time to when Venom took place, which might actually be a really good thing if they'd want to incorporate what Sony Pictures has done.