Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Overall I liked it. I wasn't blown away by any means. The mid credit scene was good. Loved that they brought back J Jonah. Post credit was pointless IMO. It didn't really set anything up. So Fury is actually on vacation in space with Captain Marvel. There was nothing that was a real shock to that. There was no reason for this to be considered the end of Phase 3. Big for the Spiderman storyline for sure, but not for the overall Avengers/MCU story.

Overall I liked it. I wasn't blown away by any means. The mid credit scene was good. Loved that they brought back J Jonah. Post credit was pointless IMO. It didn't really set anything up. So Fury is actually on vacation in space with Captain Marvel. There was nothing that was a real shock to that. There was no reason for this to be considered the end of Phase 3. Big for the Spiderman storyline for sure, but not for the overall Avengers/MCU story.
Stark. I think he's the main reason this movie is considered the end of phase 3 because as @Brian G. mentioned, this movie sort of puts a bow on his story by closing all the loose ends. It allows Phase 4 to move on without having to address Tony outside of passing reference. He died, yes, but if we just have movie after movie of dwelling on it, things would get pretty old pretty quick.

Stark. I think he's the main reason this movie is considered the end of phase 3 because as @Brian G. mentioned, this movie sort of puts a bow on his story by closing all the loose ends. It allows Phase 4 to move on without having to address Tony outside of passing reference. He died, yes, but if we just have movie after movie of dwelling on it, things would get pretty old pretty quick.

Beyond that - it also deals with the repercussions of the "Blip" and how everyone is getting back to a normal life. It shows that there are no more Avengers to call and they are rebounding on who will now protect the people on Earth which leads to the post-credits scene.

The scene shows Fury's attentions have now shifted from Earth to Space, teaming alongside the Skrulls. It could mean the possible setup of the next stage of SHIELD - called SWORD, but also sets up possible storylines with the Kree/Skrulls and the Secret Invasion (as Kree sleeper camps were alluded to earlier in the film).

Beyond that - it also deals with the repercussions of the "Blip" and how everyone is getting back to a normal life. It shows that there are no more Avengers to call and they are rebounding on who will now protect the people on Earth which leads to the post-credits scene.

The scene shows Fury's attentions have now shifted from Earth to Space, teaming alongside the Skrulls. It could mean the possible setup of the next stage of SHIELD - called SWORD, but also sets up possible storylines with the Kree/Skrulls and the Secret Invasion (as Kree sleeper camps were alluded to earlier in the film).

All of those are Phase 4 issues. I think it works as the opening of 4, and not the closing of 3.

All semantics though. The whole phase thing is irrelevant if you really think about it. If you just go to the movies, you wouldn't even know that there were phases.

So to bring up..apparently Richard Rushfield has come out in saying that if Far From Home doesn't make a billion, Sony will pull the rights for Marvel to produce Spider-Man films.

Wow, being a little over-optimistic here, aren't we?

If Sony pulls this, I'm going to boycott every movie they will ever put out until they change their mind. With what they've been putting out lately, I don't think that will be very hard to. That would be an outrageously bone-headed move as competing universes are not going to bode well with fans.

The movie's only been out for one week. No need to start freaking out yet.

Having said that, I can actually see the opposite occurring. Since Venom made over $850 million WW and if Far From Home cracks a billion, Sony could very easily say that they don't need Feige's help anymore and yank the characters regardless. In their eyes, they'd probably have everything they need now to reboot the whole Spidey Cinematic Universe and make a bigger profit than if they were to work with Marvel.

Having said that, I can actually see the opposite occurring. Since Venom made over $850 million WW and if Far From Home cracks a billion, Sony could very easily say that they don't need Feige's help anymore and yank the characters regardless. In their eyes, they'd probably have everything they need now to reboot the whole Spidey Cinematic Universe and make a bigger profit than if they were to work with Marvel.
They'd be wrong. Their core audience that goes to see the film multiple times wouldn't show up.

Yeah, When Spidey doesn't show up in the next Avengers movie, they'd get to see what that cliff looks like.

Just think, ten years ago, a billion dollars at the box office was a huge milestone that very few movies were capable of. Fast forward to 2019 where 40 films have reached the mark that it’s kind of lost that prestige connotation.

UK first time I have seen a supermarket selling a digital download ie on a cardboard stand / point of sale, without DVDs Blu-rays. Do you do this in the US?

D1F8D484-0E9B-4445-B247-5E5586595810.jpeg