Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What is he supposed t be landing on? The ladder? He's way to the right of it. Do you think that is something that will look different when it's projected or is this an early version of the reanimation?

In the original animations there is no ladder as he lands on a "real" ladder thats blends with the live set. It will all blend once it opens. As for the dust effect, I can't remember it from the current ride. Spiderman 4K looks straight up amazing and I cannot wait!

^ Check the main page of the site and click on the newest update.

I think I'm the most impressed by the new Doc Ock design...he looks like a complete Bad-A$$. Can't wait to have him terrify me on the updated ride. Scream should also be impressive and scary with how she looks now.

They are look incredibly detailed, and thats on our computer screens, imagine in 4k HD and 3D, its going to be awesome, and we'll forget how much we want Transformers here too.

I wonder if the new TF rides are in 4K HD as well?

When it comes to Scream specifically I wonder if they have a much increased refresh rate using the new projectors. I mean you can't tell on that sample via youtube. His scene is so fast and I want all that detail to be scene coming at us.

They are look incredibly detailed, and thats on our computer screens, imagine in 4k HD and 3D, its going to be awesome, and we'll forget how much we want Transformers here too.

I wonder if the new TF rides are in 4K HD as well?

Yes they are.

When it comes to Scream specifically I wonder if they have a much increased refresh rate using the new projectors. I mean you can't tell on that sample via youtube. His scene is so fast and I want all that detail to be scene coming at us.

Dude, Scream is a chick. I don't mean to be nitpicky, just sayin.

^ Check the main page of the site and click on the newest update.

ahh thats what i get for going right to the forums

edit just had a look, love the trench coat on ock, electro looks a bit to shiny but he always was a "joke" in the books maybe add the same texture to him they have used on hobby

scream is supeb the texture on the black is stunning, i've worked on texture maps for the old pc game freedom force fan community and have "skinned" both venom and carnage and i can say its really easy to make the symbiote look plastic and fake, they have really made her look for lack of a better word organic

Last edited:
ahh thats what i get for going right to the forums

edit just had a look, love the trench coat on ock, electro looks a bit to shiny but he always was a "joke" in the books maybe add the same texture to him they have used on hobby

scream is supeb the texture on the black is stunning, i've worked on texture maps for the old pc game freedom force fan community and have "skinned" both venom and carnage and i can say its really easy to make the symbiote look plastic and fake, they have really made her look for lack of a better word organic

While I agree she does look great, just too much like Venom IMO...

So Universal has mentioned they'll also be doing audio, set, lighting and queue upgrades. I don't know how they can do that in just a few weeks but if anyone can do it, it's Universal.

So Universal has mentioned they'll also be doing audio, set, lighting and queue upgrades. I don't know how they can do that in just a few weeks but if anyone can do it, it's Universal.

From Screamscape:

Spider-Man Upgrade - Confirmed - (1/23/12) Screamscape sources report that the Adventures of Spider-Man will close for the final phase of the upgrade starting around February 8th or so. In addition to finishing up the installation of the new digital projection systems and new animation footage, I’ve been told that the front of the attration area will also get a bit of a rehab, including some new surfacing of the area in front of the ride entrance.

I am excited at the potential for things like the Brick scene where the brick will now come flying at you in 4K 3D with the new animation as well as the bumber being ripped right off your scoop. From the first scene video it looks like they got the squinching right. Hope it looks great in ride. I also hope the set enhancements are to take the time to line up the animation with surroundings as that is what makes it convincing under the right lighting and prints. The old IOA USA Network design special showed that they printed out the walls onto giant sheets that were actually from the same program as the 3D animation was designed in, thus making the margin of reality that much closer to zero.

I am excited at the potential for things like the Brick scene where the brick will now come flying at you in 4K 3D with the new animation as well as the bumber being ripped right off your scoop. From the first scene video it looks like they got the squinching right. Hope it looks great in ride. I also hope the set enhancements are to take the time to line up the animation with surroundings as that is what makes it convincing under the right lighting and prints. The old IOA USA Network design special showed that they printed out the walls onto giant sheets that were actually from the same program as the 3D animation was designed in, thus making the margin of reality that much closer to zero.

I would be presently surpised if they reprinted with the new animations, but I doubt it.

I think with today's tech they probably took samples and were able to match it close enough to get the same illusion. I am thinking they are going to touch up the lighting and perhaps some of the set pieces that hug the screens themselves.