Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal released this little gem today!

409263_10150500711362852_90867402851_8976539_2123263898_n.jpg

Super HD quality, and great detail! Very nice!

Is there any word on the queue getting some upgrades as well? The original comic book style and animation of the videos played won't match up anymore.

I hope that the projector in the big room gets replaced with a hyper bright digital. It has always looked pathetic to me.

well for it to really look any better they would have to re animate it like they are for the main ride. otherwise if they brought in an HD projector and projected an SD image it would look like playing an SD channel on your 1080p tv

We said that about Dueling Dragons too.

Painting the whole track of a roller coaster is very different than touching up the paint in a queue. This seems more possible.
(BTW, I think Dragons went down just for the sake of reopening it with the rest of the WWoHP, and debuting the whole area together. It's too bad that they didn't repaint it while they had the chance...)

We said that about Dueling Dragons too.

Completely different circumstances...

--- Update ---

Regarding the queue videos, they do not need to be changed at all. They have always been flat comic book animation that bear no resemblance to the current ride CGI.

I think they meant more the queue's current shape, not the videos.

And yea, the videos have always been the 90s-era Spider-man cartoon animations.

That and I did mean the videos too because of what seems to be the more realistic and darker feel of the new ride film.