Spider-Man: Homecoming | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: Homecoming

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
its confirmed that keaton has signed on to play the vulture there are rumors that marvel has approach both Mark Rylance and Robert duvall about the role of the tinkerer

they probably cant afford him seeing how much michael keaton and robert downey jr asked for this film

Considering that Infinity War Parts Uno and Dos are being rumored as the most expensive films to be ever made; just by its casting, and that Marvel Studios is churning great success; it doesn't exactly matter, especially considering Civil War and its All-star cast.

thats why keaton orignally passed on spiderman because of the sony financial issue

Which film was that? Because to be frank; if it was when TASMII underpreformed than expected; then you should look now since Sony isn't in charge of the production aspect anymore. Marvel Studios (which, is runned by Disney) is doing most of the production work; without much advice from Sony, as it should.

actually they still own all solo film rights they finance the film

Not exactly.

From a recent interview, Kevin Feige mentioned that it seems of Marvel Studios seeming to have full creative control of the upcoming Spider-Man Homecoming. But, Sony Pictures will be apart of distributing the movie and that's from other articles from early on in the deal. Sony also has the ability to create other films of Spiderman regardless if its MCU or not; and to include possibly other marvel characters (Phil Lord and Chris Miller are seeming to be writing a upcoming animated Spiderman film for 2018).

actually they still own all solo film rights they finance the film

Not exactly.

From a recent interview, Kevin Feige mentioned that it seems of Marvel Studios seeming to have full creative control of the upcoming Spider-Man Homecoming. But, Sony Pictures will be apart of distributing the movie and that's from other articles from early on in the deal. Sony also has the ability to create other films of Spiderman regardless if its MCU or not; and to include possibly other marvel characters (Phil Lord and Chris Miller are seeming to be writing a upcoming animated Spiderman film for 2018).

You are both right... Sort of. Sony does still have the solo rights to the Spider-Man film. Disney/Marvel gets absolutely no financial gain from films (merch is another story) from the Sony distributed films even if they are tied to the MCU like Homecoming is. Sony is allowing them to take point on Homecoming and other future Spider-Man live action films, but they don't technically have to... Sony could have continued to go along with the Amazing Spider-Man storyline under the new contract, and Marvel could in use him in MCU films, though a different version (think Quicksilver in Ultron and the X-Men films). If Sony so wished (though it won't happen) they could reboot Spider-Man yet again with no input from Disney/Marvel and Marvel could continue to use the Civil War/Homecoming version in the MCU.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Honestly cannot wait for this. The relationship between SpiderMan and Hogan looks like it is going to be interesting.

Btw: @BriMan can we change the thread title to reflect the movie?

Same, I can't wait for this.

Spider-Man has always performed well at the box office, so between this and Star Wars, 2017 is going to be a huge year for Disney.

Same, I can't wait for this.

Spider-Man has always performed well at the box office, so between this and Star Wars, 2017 is going to be a huge year for Disney.
Disney really isn't going to make much off of Spider-Man besides increased merch and an improved Spider-Man brand. Sony is putting down the money for the movie budget and Sony is collecting the money at the end.

Looks like they went with a version of toby again. How many times are they going to remake spiderman?
This is going to be pretty different from the first Spider-Man with Toby. For one thing Mary Jane isn't going to be in this version from what i've heard.

This is going to be pretty different from the first Spider-Man with Toby. For one thing Mary Jane isn't going to be in this version from what i've heard.

If Zendaya isn't Mary Jane, I will be surprised. I have to believe that they are misdirecting the GP on her chaaracter along with Abraham Attah but that, is my personal opinion.