Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Splash Mountain Disrepair

I'm happy, but I'm not going to applaud Disney for bringing an attraction back to almost 100%. I applaud them when they make an attraction 150% of what it once was.

Still, I'm happy the ride is looking good, and I expect them to maintain that

I know the attraction has some problems the first and second days, but they're working on it. They got this open on time using shoe string and gum, they're going to be spending the off time the next bit on getting this all up and running reliably.

I applause this over interactive queues and games. A+

Don't take this the wrong way but you're incredibly hostile to almost everything at Disney...
I am not hostile towards "Disney". I am just incredibly frustrated with TDO, Disneyland Resort is rockin' on all cylinders. And WDW will again. But I don't think that magic bands/interactive queues is the right direction.

It's incredibly telling that this attraction, receiving a proper refurbishment, is getting such a positive reaction across the community. It's gotten to the point where people don't ever expect things to work the way they used to ever again, and seeing an attraction actually get back up to near 100% is incredible and shocking.

I am not hostile towards "Disney". I am just incredibly frustrated with TDO, Disneyland Resort is rockin' on all cylinders. And WDW will again. But I don't think that magic bands/interactive queues is the right direction.

Totally agree with you. Hopefully TDO will pull their fingers out of their butts... It feels to me that WDW is for the "once in a lifetime" vacationer who knows no different (and doesn't) care about show quality etc etc. Whereas Disneyland is for the locals, and if tourists come, then they experience the best too.

Totally agree with you. Hopefully TDO will pull their fingers out of their butts... It feels to me that WDW is for the "once in a lifetime" vacationer who knows no different (and doesn't) care about show quality etc etc. Whereas Disneyland is for the locals, and if tourists come, then they experience the best too.
I have exceeded my "once in a lifetime" quota. TDO no longer is interested in my money. So I will give it to people who want me as a customer.

I'm happy, but I'm not going to applaud Disney for bringing an attraction back to almost 100%. I applaud them when they make an attraction 150% of what it once was.

Still, I'm happy the ride is looking good, and I expect them to maintain that

I should expect it, but I'll be happy if it's at 75% in a year.

Rode it for the first time in a while. Got stuck twice, but I think it's because they leave almost no buffer room between logs. Any delay results in a hold. Was in the dark listening to laughing place for a few hours, i mean minutes...felt like hours. Also where Brer Fox finally gets Brer Rabbit the AA were completely still. They are supposed to move right?

Rode it for the first time in a while. Got stuck twice, but I think it's because they leave almost no buffer room between logs. Any delay results in a hold. Was in the dark listening to laughing place for a few hours, i mean minutes...felt like hours. Also where Brer Fox finally gets Brer Rabbit the AA were completely still. They are supposed to move right?

Wow, the logs were one after another when I was there yesterday. We watched it for about minute with the kids and it just seemed like there was non-stop logs, I have never seen it that way. So my guess is max capacity for Spring Break. There still was 110 minute wait when we looked.

When the attraction opened engineering knew more work had to be done to get it working reliably. The base was in place. Up till then it was 24/7 to get it simply running.