Springfield Expansion | Page 178 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They had me at Lard Lads. There's a morbidly obese person living inside of me that salivates at the thought of them. Hopefully they go all out and have a very nice variety to choose from.

I think the Krusty and Sideshow Bob M&G could be between the Simpsons Ride and the Kwik-E-Mart, since that's not shown on the concept art, and I think they'd be more tied to the Krustyland half, right?

For AP previews in 2008, we got free Squishees. The stand was on the waterfront side. It was like an Icee.

The old Squishee cart......

iogG3JyCMwGFb.JPG

i think we need to have a duff beer meet up!!! Cant wait for this!!! Is everything on schedule? Any delays?

There were several delays earlier on and there has been numerous changes to the project with Duff Gardens being the newest change. A big issue has been foundation problems on the waterfront or more specifically the Spinner foundation.

Toontown in DL is a land and has the same amount of attractions.
Yes but from pictures of Toontown it's much bigger and spread out. This feels crammed. Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY excited for this but I just feel like for it to be on the Cars Land, Wizarding World, scale it needs to have another dark ride and two more shops

Looking back at the concept art, the only major thing that seems to be missing (it would be to the right of where the image is cropped) is the "Welcome to Springfield" sign, correct?

ibxs9jLSb5sIhh.jpg

Yes but from pictures of Toontown it's much bigger and spread out. This feels crammed. Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY excited for this but I just feel like for it to be on the Cars Land, Wizarding World, scale it needs to have another dark ride and two more shops

I don't think it's purpose is to be the next WWoHP or Cars Land...

Looking back at the concept art, the only major thing that seems to be missing (it would be to the right of where the image is cropped) is the "Welcome to Springfield" sign, correct?

ibxs9jLSb5sIhh.jpg

If they did do it, they could light it up at night and BOOM, you've got a nice little photo op for the tourists. when you said this it took me back to BETA convention. We went and ate at the Disney Boardwalk.

Looking closely at the artwork, if you see the Simpsons walkarounds, they look like they were just photoshopped in and touched up to blend better with the rest of the artwork...and Wiggums doesn't look like a statue...he looks like he's meant to be a walkaround too!

Another thing that is surprisingly absent from the artwork is the queue line/shade canopy/control booth for Kang and Kodos...hmm....

I also wonder if we'll get a welcome to Springfield sign....

Last edited: