Springfield Expansion | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's that last pic? Another lagoon control booth?

What picture are you talking about? There are two small utility buildings, one on each side of Springfield and Krustyland. You could also be referring to the Duff Gardens area, or Lard Land Donuts.

My guess is that they didn't want kids posing with someone holding alcohol. Stupid, but you know how PC theme parks are these days

Did see children posing with him, so this could be the case. Or it could be they never meant for it to be clear in its final state.

My guess is that they didn't want kids posing with someone holding alcohol. Stupid, but you know how PC theme parks are these days

I wouldn't be surprised if this is why, but it's still odd considering they sold these fake beer mugs at one point (not sure if they're still there) outside the hat shop at USF:

0G60qhY.jpg

I've seen kids posing with those "cups" even, so it's just weird to me that they'd go that PC (though it wouldn't surprise me).

When we were there over the holiday weekend (pre-FFB opening), there were a lot of people taken photos with the cut outs on the construction walls, and when in other areas of the park, I often heard things like kids asking 'can we go check out Springfield?'.

I think the area will do well and it is certainly more inviting to me than what was there prior....I also know my family will eat there often.

shocked at the lack of crowds so far although im not a fan this is a good brand...i do think the big hit here will be the lagoon side of springfield

Again, not a busy season right now. if half the rides have no lines, why would you expect a place to eat to be extremely busy? Especially since it was not advertised until recently and there was no opening date announced. So even if people know about it they have no clue it is open now.

just got back from universal and had a couple of things food wise. My kids and i had those fruit drink's at moes and they were pretty good i myself would not and will not pay 9.00 for a flaming moe no way but the food oh my god worth every penny the chicken and waffle sando was awesome they have picked up there food game it is spot on and the cupcakes were very good try the peanut butter and jelly mmmmmmmmmmmm

I got a chance to pay a visit to FFB yesterday, and I was quite impressed, even being unfinished!

First and foremost, hats off to the TMs who were outstanding! Best customer service in the resort right here! Friendliest, most helpful, most enthusiastic! WOW!

I had a chicken and waffle sandwich, and I thought it was YUMMY! We were short on time, so I didn't try much else, but there's always another day :cheers:

The theming is very good! Definitely feels like it's pulled right out of the Simpsons cartoons! :thumbs: I can't wait to see this all finished!

I'm wondering... Maybe the orange color of the Flaming Moe is such because we're supposed to believe that we're drinking fire? :shrug:

Someone else suggested that too. I think it is a dumb concept, the drink should be purple as your not drinking fire :rofl:

Then the artwork on the cup, the flames should have been around the top of the cup and allow you to see the purple drink below

It is just a mug. How does this look different than the Butterbeer Mugs? Butterbeer is popular with kids and it doesn't look much different than real beer in a mug. :shrug:

I think it is a dumb concept, the drink should be purple as your not drinking fire :rofl:

Then the artwork on the cup, the flames should have been around the top of the cup and allow you to see the purple drink below

Agreed. Hopefully later on they will develop an alcoholic version that will be purple. I mean, come on... They don't even need to change the flavor if that's the big deal. What's some food coloring to make it authentic? Why isn't Groening complaining about this? :lol:

I was at Universal today and checked out FFB. Overall, my family and I really enjoyed the food offerings. My husband and daughter had Krusty Burgers. My mom had the chicken platter and I had chicken tenders and tater tots. All were good. I think this area is a great addition to the park and will be very popular with guests. Great job Universal!

I got a chance to pay a visit to FFB yesterday, and I was quite impressed, even being unfinished!

First and foremost, hats off to the TMs who were outstanding! Best customer service in the resort right here! Friendliest, most helpful, most enthusiastic! WOW!

I had a chicken and waffle sandwich, and I thought it was YUMMY! We were short on time, so I didn't try much else, but there's always another day :cheers:

The theming is very good! Definitely feels like it's pulled right out of the Simpsons cartoons! :thumbs: I can't wait to see this all finished!
Definitely agree with you on the staff! Was there last night, ate here around 8 right before our first ride on TF, wife and I each had the Krusty Burger and bought 2 cheese pizzas for the kids to share, AMAZING theming, top notch customer service and GREAT food.. Looking forward to going back soon and trying something else :thumbs: