Springfield Expansion | Page 249 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Simpson's Expansion is gaining some attention from IGN...probably one of the most accurate non-theme park videos talking about a theme park expansion I've ever seen

[video=youtube;tjCIifrzqv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjCIifrzqv8[/video]

p.s. read the comments

Idk if it's been mentioned but the street lights are installed. Saw the Alien ride in testing and its what universal needs. I tried the flaming moe and it was whatever. I wouldn't buy it again. It tasted like if you get orange starburts and leave it carbonated water for like two days and then drink it. I just got it to show it off. The krusty burger was good and the fries were awesome.

Last edited:
is it just me or does it look a little weird that the alien head turns with the ride?

I'll agree with you on that. I also wish the eye moved instead of being stuck in the corner. That could be a very cool effect. Overall I do think it looks very slick!

kinda surprised that the saucers don't also "twirl" considering the name of the ride. No one should be "hurling" from it. Definitely made for the toddlers. Hope the giant evil looking alien with giant teeth doesnt scare away their intended audience.

kinda surprised that the saucers don't also "twirl" considering the name of the ride. No one should be "hurling" from it. Definitely made for the toddlers. Hope the giant evil looking alien with giant teeth doesnt scare away their intended audience.

Yeah I could see this being nightmare fuel for toddlers :lol: the scariest spinner in the Orlando area!!! :rofl:

Maybe I'm wrong but I remember there being talk of a great "lighting package" on the Springfield Spinner way back when.

I see what appear to be lightbulbs on the "arms" but can't tell how or even if the saucers are lit.

Anyone see this thing lit up at night yet?

Does anyone know if we'll see the alien getting his glass helmet? It doesn't look like he has one in the concept art, but I'm pretty sure Kang and Kodos almost always have them in the show. I could see it being an issue getting dirty inside and being a pain to clean though.

The twirl is the circular motion of the ride, so the name of the ride still works. Enough people puke on the Simpsons ride, they don't need it there too.

I'm liking the new area, but a few comments:

(1) When I went last Sunday the park was not very crowded at all, however they were still making all guests go through only one entrance (Krusty Burger). No employee was outside any of the other entrances, but after you went inside the doors they would tell you to go back outside and go around. Harry Potter style crowd control in a non crowded area. Hmm.

(2) The wait was not that long for food, however they would not let anyone just walk up closer to the mini restaurants just to see what they looked like and what they offered. To be fair, they do have menus they hand to everyone in line, however when another member of my party tried to bring it to the rest of our party waiting inside Moe's they told us we could not walk around with the menu and took it back.

(3) The vast majority of tables in all rooms were empty, however many had reserved signs on them. This is because you can only sit there if you have food in your hand and you are seated by an employee. Okay that is fair, but they also ask how many people in your party, and if you have a small party (such as two people) it didn't seem like they would be allowed to seat you in many places.

(4) Biggest negative: I tried to order Duff Dry at Moe's and was informed that Duff Dry is only available at Moe's Express. However Moe's Express can only be accessed by waiting in the food line, despite the area at and around Moe's Express being completely devoid of people. After my disappointment at this (and several other guests experiencing the same thing in a matter of just a few minutes), the bartender said he would run over to Moe's Express himself and bring the drinks over to us. Thumbs up for that! :happy:

I maybe could understand the above comments if it was crowded, but like I said most tables were empty, food line was relatively short, and most of the stools at Moe's bar were empty. This was mid-afternoon last Sunday.

One thing to remember as at the time of day you went in it may not have been busy, but that doesn't mean they're not expecting to to get busy soon. And if it does they need the crowed control in place already. I watched it go from just half the queue to being out the door by the bathrooms in about 20 mins. The door control is obviously to guide guests into an entrance that won't cause congestion. In fact if you pay attention cletus' doesn't even have door handles. And the seating system solves the number one complaint, no tables being available and over half of the taken ones are people holding the table while the rest of the party is in line. This way the whole family can go through line and there are always seats available. They'll seat a party of two at any of the tables for four, which are all over the place. They just try to seat in each of the areas evenly, so the bussers don't have to clean all the tables at once.

As HTF said, Duff Dry will be available elsewhere soon, and once Duff Gardens opens the Moe's congestion will be taken care of.

There's still a chance the individual cars could spin, but I think its going to take some weight on certain parts to get them to spin...and they might be locked down right now during testing, preventing them from spinning yet.

Of course, I could also be completely wrong

There's still a chance the individual cars could spin, but I think its going to take some weight on certain parts to get them to spin...and they might be locked down right now during testing, preventing them from spinning yet.

Of course, I could also be completely wrong

I believe that it's been confirmed that they won't spin but that they will activate audio responses based on hitting specific height targets during the ride.

So I've tried just about all the food here and I must say that I am VERY IMPRESSED! Whenever I'm at Universal I will defiantly be eating here. My opinion, it's the best food in the park. The only things I don't like are the Duff Beer and the Flaming Moe. Also the Groovy Groove Juice needs alcohol :cheers: