Springfield Expansion | Page 251 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Quick question (sort of on topic)- with the new Universal dining plan that was just announced, any reason FFB is not included? I guess since it just opened they want to gain the most profit they can, but it seems strange to come out with a dining plan at this time and not include the biggest addition (food wise) in a long time and the fact that IFFF used to be part of the dining plan, no?

Quick question (sort of on topic)- with the new Universal dining plan that was just announced, any reason FFB is not included? I guess since it just opened they want to gain the most profit they can, but it seems strange to come out with a dining plan at this time and not include the biggest addition (food wise) in a long time and the fact that IFFF used to be part of the dining plan, no?

Too much of a cash cow, and probably the fact that it has more varied offerings/exclusive items unlike places like Mel's and Richter's.

IMG_20130704_170317_zpsb3d732d0.jpg

Playing Simpsons Tapped Out at Moe's

Reactions: Jakemeister
Can someone give an update as soon as the new waffle machines are installed at FFB. I would love to try a sandwich but I can't do a frozen waffle, especially for $10. That's like a case of 100 eggos.

As much as I hate the franchise, I must say they are doing this up top notch. Almost makes me smile. As far as the "whitewash" on the bricks, it is meant to represent a true result of some kinds of kiln dried bricks... I am not sure if it is lime in the red clay or a kind of ash flash... but I would quicker think lime. It is in fact a very true paint treatment of a style of brick. Just walk around your town and look around at the brick buildings.

Can someone give an update as soon as the new waffle machines are installed at FFB. I would love to try a sandwich but I can't do a frozen waffle, especially for $10. That's like a case of 100 eggos.

Here is what I had today:

photo (9) by jlnorris1025, on Flickr

So it is still the frozen version. I actually thought the sandwich tasted great to me but was much too rich especially with the tots. I like the MK version better because it has a spicyness to it and has peppery arugula. This version was still good though, but I could not finish all of it! Also it was fun being the first people there at 10:30. I want to say that Buzz Cola to me was not that great. I could taste the artificial sweetner in it, and I cannot stand sucralose. Flaming Moe, however, was amazing! Like a wonderful orange soda, and I loved it (just wish it did not cost so much!).

You know what I noticed when I entered the Moes bar at night. I noticed the "stained glass" windows to the left of the bar were super bright. They should turn off the lights in back of the windows so it looks like the windows towards the front. It looks really bad.

I want to say that Buzz Cola to me was not that great. I could taste the artificial sweetner in it, and I cannot stand sucralose.

I couldn't agree more. I tried this maybe two weeks ago, and it had too much of a diet aftertaste for me to enjoy it. Though, it does make for a nice option for those who are more acclimated to or generally prefer diet drinks like Diet Coke or Coke Zero.

Yeah, not a big fan of the Buzz Cola. I don't drink any diet sodas. I HATE the taste of artificial sweeteners.

I am not sure why they just don't have Buzz Cola and Diet Buzz Cola. Or something like Buzz Cola One.

Yeah, not a big fan of the Buzz Cola. I don't drink any diet sodas. I HATE the taste of artificial sweeteners.

I am not sure why they just don't have Buzz Cola and Diet Buzz Cola. Or something like Buzz Cola One.

It's funny that on the show Buzz Cola is promoted as having extra sugar and caffeine. I also do not remember their ever being a Cherry Buzz cola.
http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Buzz_Cola

I am going with the Cherry Buzz Cola is for little kids.

Weird, I actually thought it was one of the better tasting diet colas. But I do agree, there should be both a regular and a diet.

The brickwork looks fantastic and they are doing a great job but I cannot help think, why not use those style bricks in the first place? quicker and cheaper no?

Another disadvantage to real brick is that it has to be sealed occasionally to prevent moisture intrusion. The faux paint job on the cement veneer serves the same purpose and had a greater life span. :wave:

Reactions: PourJudgment