Springfield Expansion | Page 320 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just throwing it out there, is it possible he was playing the part of a surly Moe's bartender?

I really don't think so. And if he was, they better stop doing that or every single guest will complain. Anyways I was going to say something and I usually always do if something like that happens. But we were having a good time, so I just let it go. I can guarantee if I ever go in there again and he acts like that, he and Universal will definitely hear about it.

^ I wonder if it was the same bartender who pretty much ignored me at Moe's during HHN's. I stood directly at the bar in front of him with money in hand waiting patiently. After about 6 minutes of waiting he just kept ignoring me and was shooting the breeze with three foreign guys at the east side of the bar. Mind you I'm about 6'4, not very easy to overlook. I was pretty angry and wanted to give him a piece of my mind, but I decided to let it go and head outside to Duff gardens where I was served immediately and courteously. Left them a nice tip as well. (How do they handle tips at universal? Are they split up per establishment or evenly distributed? Because I don't want that jerk to get a dime) I should have took his picture but I was to heated to think of it.

^ I wonder if it was the same bartender who pretty much ignored me at Moe's during HHN's. I stood directly at the bar in front of him with money in hand waiting patiently. After about 6 minutes of waiting he just kept ignoring me and was shooting the breeze with three foreign guys at the east side of the bar. Mind you I'm about 6'4, not very easy to overlook. I was pretty angry and wanted to give him a piece of my mind, but I decided to let it go and head outside to Duff gardens where I was served immediately and courteously. Left them a nice tip as well. (How do they handle tips at universal? Are they split up per establishment or evenly distributed? Because I don't want that jerk to get a dime) I should have took his picture but I was to heated to think of it.

Was he a big white guy with a scruffy look?

I'm anticipating an install of the chief's vehicle tonight. Looks a bit like this:

1.jpg

tumblr_l2tz8kvVDc1qzogp1o1_500.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
My bartender at Moe's was great. Very helpful.

After drinking my Flaming Moe he cleaned it out and everything so it's all nice and tidy and ready to take as a souvenir. Top of the line service from him!

The vehicle looks like it's only received a paint job to match the pics above. I would assume the positioning will be the same as before.

Sorry, I don't follow the show, so I didn't know they were one in the same. So, they had the paint-job wrong all this time or did the show have both black and white?

I do remember him being pretty big. And scruffy feels like the right adjective. But I can't remember exactly :)cheers:), so I don't want to confirm exactly. But in regards to Turtle's post. Every other bartender I've had at Moe's, and the whole resort for that matter have been great! Very friendly and on point. Just one lousy experience. That's interesting about Chief Wiggum's cars paint job, I'm interested to see how it looks when re-installed.

Sorry, I don't follow the show, so I didn't know they were one in the same. So, they had the paint-job wrong all this time or did the show have both black and white?

Park had the wrong paint job and didn't meet someone's expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

Wiggums car is coming back, there were issues regarding the job quality that are being attended to:thumbs: Oh and I have this strong feeling we could see the arrival of another popular automobile just outside the Kwik E Mart soon... Woohoo!!

^ From Sept 15th

Teebs, the cop cars in the show have been animated both ways. However, the die cast toy version is all white. My guess is this was an oversight and Fox's merchandise team wanted continuity.

It has been depicted in black/white as well as all white versions on the show. I do not know specifically, but I believe black/white was from older episodes and the all white to be the most common.

Teebs, the cop cars in the show have been animated both ways. However, the die cast toy version is all white. My guess is this was an oversight and Fox's merchandise team wanted continuity.

Makes sense to me. It apparently did not occur to the art directors who ordered it black. Silly, unless it was a whimsical demand by Fox and others after the fact. One would assume they saw the concepts.

Makes sense to me. It apparently did not occur to the art directors who ordered it black. Silly, unless it was a whimsical demand by Fox and others after the fact. One would assume they saw the concepts.

That's what puzzles me: How was concept art approved without a glitch like this being caught? I know HTF has hinted that other items may be coming. More legal approval causing the holdup...???

That's what puzzles me: How was concept art approved without a glitch like this being caught? I know HTF has hinted that other items may be coming. More legal approval causing the holdup...???

Yes this IP is being a JK level pain in the ass... And its pissing me off!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and speaking of legal issues, FYI the map issue isn't due to the artwork as thats done. Now there is a naming issue for of all places World Expo!! Seems the new name was already owned by someone and now there is a legal issue in regards to using it. Sorry don't know the exact name but I was told its well known. The map artwork is ready to go, the name however is not!!

Is there a reason for why Fox/Groening are so strict over the Simpsons? It just seems so odd, especially since in comparison companies like Viacom give Universal way more freedom with characters like SpongeBob and Dora.

Nah... it builds character. You buy an IP you also buy its whimsy. Universal is going to make money no matter what (as long as they contracted the right IP).

Oh they are banking Teebs, BIG TIME!!