Springfield Expansion | Page 321 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is there a reason for why Fox/Groening are so strict over the Simpsons? It just seems so odd, especially since in comparison companies like Viacom give Universal way more freedom with characters like SpongeBob and Dora.

Legacy. 25 years of establishing a brand and you'd be protective too.

My bartender at Moe's was great. Very helpful. After drinking my Flaming Moe he cleaned it out and everything so it's all nice and tidy and ready to take as a souvenir. Top of the line service from him!

Ditto that in my experience, as well. In fact, I bought 3 Flaming Moe's while I visited UOR, and most time it was during HHN. The bartenders were super-cool and even held on to my glass for me while I went through the park. When I went back the first night, Moe's had closed. I went over to Duff Gardens and the bartenders there hooked me up with a free glass, no questions asked. I thought that was pretty badass. My bartenders were all super cool individuals as well, and my cashier in FFB hit on me on two separate nights. :p

No complaints!

I thought I was one of the only ones who had a negative experience at Moe's; but apparently not. I too had an issue with an oblivious bartender. Around 4:00 in the afternoon, only three or four people at the bar, and I waited about five minutes with no service. The guy saw me and my friend, but walked right by us and served someone who had literally just walked up. Needless to say I was pist, but I too kept it cool and just left. Shot over to Duff Gardens and ordered two beers, no problem.

Yes this IP is being a JK level pain in the ass... And its pissing me off!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and speaking of legal issues, FYI the map issue isn't due to the artwork as thats done. Now there is a naming issue for of all places World Expo!! Seems the new name was already owned by someone and now there is a legal issue in regards to using it. Sorry don't know the exact name but I was told its well known. The map artwork is ready to go, the name however is not!!

I'm confused. Isn't the name just, "Springfield"? Or are you referring to the new name for what will be left of World Expo?

Chief Wiggum's black & white is now back, and white! ;-)
IMG_1076.JPG

(Posted to my twitter last night)

Personally I think it looked way better with the black but it's not something that ruins the area by any means. Good to see it back.

Yeah, I'm just glad it's back and without barriers! I did see another picture on Twitter, though, from another angle, and the white contrasts nicely with the colorful buildings behind.

The question is why?

Did they decide after that it would look better?
Did someone screw up big time?
Was it an oversight?

I don't get how something like this could happen, anyone have feed back?

Oh and for the record I think version one looked better. Nice to see it back though.

The question is why?

Was it an oversight?

Oh and for the record I think version one looked better. Nice to see it back though.

A car got a paint job. People will live.

Reactions: doc brown
A car got a paint job. People will live.

I never thought anyone would die nor am I that bothered how the car looks. I find your reply somewhat sarcastic and rather confrontational. I asked a genuine question of which I was interested in a proper answer, next time do the boards a favour and keep your smart comments to yourself. Really no need.

The question is why?

Was it an oversight?

Simple, if someone who has enough power within their IP says change it they do. Also the quality of materials and the job didn't meet expectations.

I get them changing it based on the material quality, but honestly, regardless of what the current cop cars look like on the show, this thing is far uglier in person than the old one. I was at the park today and I walked around and stared at it for awhile...it just doesn't look 'police car' enough for my liking.