Springfield Expansion | Page 340 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Someone does this at pretty much every theme/amusement park. Is a $20-30 hat that serious?

It's not even just guests - when Maelstrom was opening and having ride problems a manager went in to the upper scenes to make sure the boats were going through properly - while it was running. He fell into the flume, had this leg torn open by the mechanical equipment, and because he knew getting sucked into the next scene with the track switch pretty much meant death, he pulled himself out of the flume (barely) and then laid on the side of the track in the show scene bleeding everywhere as guest boats went by. No one went to help him until guests at Unload told the CMs he was up there.

This isn't some myth story - this is directly told to me by the person it happened to.

Reactions: Ryno27
Darn it, I wish I had some crazy theme park stories like that. The worst I've had is people splashing water from outside the flume all over POTC once, getting almost everyone in the boat unnecessarily wet. It was annoying, but not "jumping in front of the JPRA splashdown" bad.

It's not even just guests - when Maelstrom was opening and having ride problems a manager went in to the upper scenes to make sure the boats were going through properly - while it was running. He fell into the flume, had this leg torn open by the mechanical equipment, and because he knew getting sucked into the next scene with the track switch pretty much meant death, he pulled himself out of the flume (barely) and then laid on the side of the track in the show scene bleeding everywhere as guest boats went by. No one went to help him until guests at Unload told the CMs he was up there.

This isn't some myth story - this is directly told to me by the person it happened to.
Haha, you're not gonna be able to get that beyond the concept of "some myth". You telling us a story that someone told you is hardly substantiated.

Reactions: DrakeParker
Didn't it happen once in Dudley Do Right, that someone got off in the middle of the right, right where you go inside where it is aid: I say, you're going the wrong way.

Also, I once saw a video of a kid who'd lost his cap in teh Jurassic Park splashdown, dumb kid actually climbed the fence and went to get it, luckily no boat got him.

I seen that video the other day and I was genuinely shocked.

I keep seeing this bumped and get excited thinking the Simpsons new 4k projectors are finally up and running. Any update on this?

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Are both theaters back up and running? I was there last December and Simpsons had some of the longest waits in the park.

I was there the past two days. Everything seemed back to normal with both preshows playing in their seperate rooms, but it looked like they were only using the theatre on the right.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah, I was there last Nov, Dec, Jan and saw always people eating, drinking, playing the games and walking around in Homer t-shirts. Universal did a great job plussing that area.

Reactions: Mad Dog
They just redid and expanded the entire area. I would imagine another expansion would be pretty low priority at this point in time. Lot's of other stuff going on.