Springfield Expansion | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Outplacing TDO? Absolutely. But Disney is doing great things outside of Orlando. It's just a matter of loosening the purse strings. Disney can still play ball.

Disney is playing ball against themselves Epcot vs DHS :lol:

Disney is playing ball against themselves Epcot vs DHS :lol:

images

And I thought my trip was amazing last June. I can't wait for my next trip with all these new projects coming up. I do wonder what happens after 2015? Do we see them retool IOA with new attractions, or will they take a brake?

I will say about the Simpsons that if Universal does expand on them, I they should really look into the ride as well. I think they can use new screens for the ride, and not just up to date screens but something other than dome screens, if they can. I went on it twice last time, and the location of the cars made the ride a lot less enjoyable. I like to see screens where there's not a bad seat in the house.

The bathroom isn't long for this world:

Deleted: 1- hi/lo drinking fountain, 12 - floor drains, 9- emr floor drains, 17- floor sinks, 9- lavatories, 6- urinals, 17 - water closets, 4- roof drains. New: N/A

The project is also getting a turbidity barrier for the lagoon.

Last edited:
And possibly affecting the Simpsons building:

Resubmit for further review. Refer to the City of Orlando Commercial Plans submittal checklist. Civil package / plans incomplete. Some utility work shown on sheet CF100 but does not include the foundation work for blds 72 and 73. Why is there a turbidity barrier proposed? Include a detailed grading plan with floodplain information, detailed erosion control plan, cost estimate, drainage calculations, etc.

And I thought my trip was amazing last June. I can't wait for my next trip with all these new projects coming up. I do wonder what happens after 2015? Do we see them retool IOA with new attractions, or will they take a brake?

I will say about the Simpsons that if Universal does expand on them, I they should really look into the ride as well. I think they can use new screens for the ride, and not just up to date screens but something other than dome screens, if they can. I went on it twice last time, and the location of the cars made the ride a lot less enjoyable. I like to see screens where there's not a bad seat in the house.

How about replace Terminator? Is that show still successful? Whenever I'm at the parks for a few days, I go on it once to just sort of get it over with. It was never a show I personally enjoyed.

Terminator is the best 3-D show in Orlando.

While I completely agree with you, Muppets 3D is pretty impressive in its total destruction of the theater at the end. I only saw it once but I was completely impressed. (the fact that I only saw it once is a reflection on DHS and not that particular attraction. I live here, have an AP, and have been to DHS maybe three times)

While I completely agree with you, Muppets 3D is pretty impressive in its total destruction of the theater at the end. I only saw it once but I was completely impressed. (the fact that I only saw it once is a reflection on DHS and not that particular attraction)

I'd put Muppets 2nd on my list, but the impressive fusion of live-action and film is what sets Terminator apart.

My only beef with Terminator is its dated storyline and pre show. I mean didn't Cyberdyne take over this year :lol:

My only beef with Terminator is its dated storyline and pre show. I mean didn't Cyberdyne take over this year :lol:

My only beef is that they don't come out the time portals naked. It bothers me so much. In EVERY terminator movie and in the tv show they did, and it has been explained and established why that happens.

It will be post Potter so 2016/2017 sounds about right.

That and the restrooms to my understanding Teebs.

So, have we determined that this is the food festival building that they will be destroying?

Restrooms are definitely going per today's permit updates. A silt fence will also apparently be installed in the lagoon, so some sort of waterfront work may go on.

I'd assume most of IFF will be remodeled as well.