Springfield Expansion | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is Universal maybe getting a little carried away? I mean expansions are great but a big makeover just for the Simpsons...? I mean I know that quality rather than the property will make for a good experience but this whole carnival-style thing seems completely dependent on one thing--the Simpsons. And one can't help but wonder how much longer the Simpsons can stay popular and therefore how long this new area they're going all out on to stay relevant.

Is Universal maybe getting a little carried away? I mean expansions are great but a big makeover just for the Simpsons...? I mean I know that quality rather than the property will make for a good experience but this whole carnival-style thing seems completely dependent on one thing--the Simpsons. And one can't help but wonder how much longer the Simpsons can stay popular and therefore how long this new area they're going all out on to stay relevant.
Brazilian tour groups love them some Homer Simpson.

The Simpsons have been around for over two decades already. Even if the show was cancelled tomorrow, which it's in no danger of doing, the franchise is one that's engrained into the international public consciousness.

Who said anything about expanding the carnival? ;)

The area being gutted in plain ugly and not making them any money. Universal has finally figured out guest spending is where it's at and they need to keep piling on the unique merch and food options that have essentially saved this resort.

OK, so we have a new extended queue, a new restaurant/bar, and that leaves a significant chunk of waterfront... What to do with that? I'd imagine that some of that space is going to be left/modified for prime Cinespec viewing. Hatetofly, did you add that faint red line? If so, should we be more curious about what's inside or outside of it?

I imagine maybe a big Springfield sign going near the waterfront. I don't want it, but it's something I can imagine as a possibility.

The waterfront will be populated by some sort of ride, probably not a ferris wheel, but something flat and great for kids, also I wouldn' be surprised if its converted to seating or standing areas for Cinespec as well.

Why not a Ferris wheel and Bumper Cars?

I mean yea that could work, but a big ferris wheel to me wouldn't look to great on the water, it would fit the theme very well, I just don't know, I think a flat ride would be best IMHO.

Why not a Ferris wheel and Bumper Cars?

What I wouldn't give for a good set of bumper cars around here in one of the parks! And not the lame kind that force you to go around in a certain direction; no, I want a free for all, reverse driving is allowed, t-bone all you want bumper cars.

Anyway, now that I got that out of my system...I'm really excited to see what replaces IFFF and its menu. Two unique food locations practically next to each other once Potter opens...I'm gonna need a second job just for the increased spending on food alone! :lol: