Springfield Expansion | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Question does anyone wonder where the krusty burger sign will go cause that is a mayor part of the building.....

I'm agreeing with the minority. I suspect that this new expansion won't be getting the big announcement treatment that Transformers and Potter has gotten. While a cool addition, it is just an altered quick service restaurant, spinner, and a themed beer stand. Not hating, just stating. I suspect it'll be mentioned in their marketing outlets(website, brochures, etc.), just not front page news.

Not every AP is going to want to ride TF. And some may, and go during softs soon, and not learn about Springfield for months. Or plan on just coming to do just do TF, and not have time to explore SF. I'm not asking for an advertising campaign for new Android's Dungeon bathrooms. But it's a little over a month away. Throw the passholders a bone. A teaser. Something.
But then how many people will show up just to see the small expansion. The only ones it would really get in are those who live close by and wither don't care how busy it will be because of transformers or don't know.

Isn't the Moe's Tavern element a pretty big deal, though? It seems like they'd at least want that part to be well-known. It could motivate a lot of people to visit, depending on its execution. If Universal is doing this expansion because they're learning from what worked with Harry Potter - immersive experiences, exclusive merchandise, appeals to obsessive fandom - wouldn't they want as many people to know about it as possible?

So they just switched the season premiere for next season and the season finale for this season. I really hope theyre not waiting that long before springfield opens. Does anyone know around when this is going to be opened?

I'm agreeing with the minority. I suspect that this new expansion won't be getting the big announcement treatment that Transformers and Potter has gotten. While a cool addition, it is just an altered quick service restaurant, spinner, and a themed beer stand. Not hating, just stating. I suspect it'll be mentioned in their marketing outlets(website, brochures, etc.), just not front page news.
In this age where UOR has a FB and Twitter...and they SHOULD have a blog, a simple announcement for something like Springfield or minor refurbs could be mentioned. It doesn't require a press event, but in an era where WDW is taking credit for benches and autograph cards, Universal should be taking credit for substantive additions no matter how minor.

But then how many people will show up just to see the small expansion. The only ones it would really get in are those who live close by and wither don't care how busy it will be because of transformers or don't know.

Exactly! If this isn't a big deal, no one's going to know it exists. It won't get TF hype, but it should be really close to it. This is a business where you need to advertize.

They will advertise it, no one is saying they won't advertise it. When it opens they will send something to pass holders, it will be on the maps as something new, it will be in promotional material and be advertised on their website. It is just not going to get TF level of announcement is all anyone is saying. It won't make headlines on news or anything like that. Because it is just a place to eat, a place to shop, and a spinner. At the end of the day, Uni is not about to make a big deal announcement for things that are not major attractions. That is not their style.

Something very VIP happened today but announcing this to you folk doesn't make you more knowledgable...

In this age where UOR has a FB and Twitter...and they SHOULD have a blog, a simple announcement for something like Springfield or minor refurbs could be mentioned. It doesn't require a press event, but in an era where WDW is taking credit for benches and autograph cards, Universal should be taking credit for substantive additions no matter how minor.

QFT.

I like how people rationalize not making a Facebook Post or putting a snippet in an already distributed newsletter as a smart business decision. It takes virtually no effort, and can only serve to benefit them. And yes, the people who would see these WOULD care, because they wouldn't be Universal fans if they didn't. Universal needs to start catering to its fans outside the parks. It's the next logical step in their evolution.

So they just switched the season premiere for next season and the season finale for this season. I really hope theyre not waiting that long before springfield opens. Does anyone know around when this is going to be opened?

It really dose not make sense to me either it is weird how they are airing 2 episodes in a night. Unless there trying to cram episodes because it hasn't been renewed. Hopefully it will get renewed.

It really dose not make sense to me either it is weird how they are airing 2 episodes in a night. Unless there trying to cram episodes because it hasn't been renewed. Hopefully it will get renewed.
It was renewed last year for 3 seasons. So we still have 2 left. The cast DID take a pay cut though. Harry Shearer is not a happy camper but he signed anyway.